Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Cat,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I already have seen a lot of nice people that help me, thank you!

Beans

Hello all. I'm completly new to Linux. Used it a few years back but never really got into it and thought it would give it another go so here I am. Currently got a triple boot with Win7, Ubuntu and OS X Mavericks

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello Developers,

I am Dev. I have been working on embedded field ( storage + mobile ) platform on BSP and device driver development profile.
    I am new to linux actually but I am excited to explore ubuntu porting on ARM based beaglebone_black board.
    i am expecting a good support and guidance from you all as heard and acknowledged by many of my friends.
    I hope i can learn many things of kernel and OS internals

Regards,
    Dev
    Last edited by revelador; December 16th, 2013 at 09:04 AM. Reason: introduction

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Welcome both,

Enjoy this awesome forums.

Beans

Talking Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Dear Ubuntu users.

My nickname is Econosto
    I am a first time Ubuntu user and am liking it already, i got so sick of microsoft.
    So i am learning as i advance.
    Right now i am trying to figure out how to control my brightness and putting Ubuntu to its passes.

i will be here a lot

Beans

Hello All!

My name is Spencer, but I prefer to be called "ecube."
    I've been using various GNU/Linux distros for about 3-4 years. During that time, I always failed to learn more about it than a basic grep here, tail there, and who sed what.
    I got into it when I was extremely computer-illiterate, just to "see what would happen."
    I recently switched back to Windows just because certain programs run faster there or don't run at all on linux without wine (ahem - certain games )
    Even after a few years of doing linux, I still barely know anything about it. In short, I'm a n00b (I just have to LOOK at places like the more advanced subforums here, and almost everywhere in stackoverflow to feel this way).

Other than that, I don't consider myself a nice guy. When I get into a conversation with anybody, it can get pretty. darn. nasty. Or at least they can. I just ignore it and hope we can all still be friends. Sort of. No. In reality, I pretend to hope that while in reality, whenever someone gets really, really nasty, I spend a few days contemplating murder.

Apart from that, I am also a wizard. 1: Whatever I touch, I somehow manage to break. Once, editing some of the text of one of my websites nuked its MySQL database. Or maybe that's just because MySQL isn't very wizard-proof. One of the two. Who knows. 2: Every time (Yes: EVERY time. Absolute. Never does this NOT happen. Ever.) I get an error, it happens to be an error no-one's ever seen before. Or, if they have seen it, they choose not to answer because they know, from the few wizards who DID have that error (such as DSO missing's when linking libarchive, or merely the Ubuntu desktop GUI somehow getting nuked), that I'm a wizard. Or maybe I just suck at life. I DO get a lot of errors. 3: I float in water. What else is there to say?

That said, NEVER, under any circumstances, let me into your house. No, not even if I looked like I was bleeding enough to be the source of the color red in the world. It's probably a plot.
    Just don't do it.
    No, not even if I say I won't blow up the house. Or the washing machine. Or the tacos. Because if there's one thing in the world that'll vanish I touch it, it's tacos.
    Last edited by spencer the great; December 18th, 2013 at 03:41 AM.

Beans

Hello there! I'm Camilla. Ubuntu user for 4 to 5 years. I've been viewing this forums for a long time. I'm a newbie in using the terminal and stuff that changes the stuff that makes up the system. I'm a college student somewhere out there and I'm really happy for using Ubuntu (even though most, if not all, of my friends use Windows haha). I'm also new to photography. I joined this forum because there's this problem that I can't find the solution and I just posted it. )

Beans

Hi all, another Newb here

My name is Drew. I am completly new to Ubuntu/Linux. All my computer skills, which aren't anything special compared to what i am seeing on here, are self taught or from reading books and cruising around the internet. I wanted to step into the Arduino world and learn a bit a bout programming and a friend of mine suggested i check out Ubuntu. So here i am ready to jump into the great unknown. Any suggestions on where to start. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi and welcome, drew9. You'll find Arduino users, Raspberry Pi users and fiddlers with all manner of techno devices here!

The best place to start is by asking questions (a question a thread is best rather than five in one as that gets confusing). Be clear, use a descriptive title, and post in the most appropriate sub-forum. Most sections are for support requests, some, like The Cafe and Ubuntu/Other OS chat, are not. Have a look at the link in my sig for some tips on posting (Fastest way to get your question answered).

I too picked up everything 'on the street' and the learning curve got steeper when I got into Linux, but loving it! You'll learn plenty here. Good luck and enjoy the OS, the forums and the learning curve.

* And hi and welcome to all other newcomers!

Beans

Hello world!

I've been a Linux user since I was a college sophomore, in the early days, with Slackware. I've been through RedHat, Debian, and Gentoo, and this fall took the plunge on LFS (Linux From Scratch). So why am I introducing myself here? Because I respect the fine work you all do for the Linux community, and because my dad, BudTuba, is here. Hello Dad, whenever you find this!

Anyway, while I may be linux-experienced, there's still lots of things I don't know. I think I just figured out that if I want someone to appear in my Friends list, that person first needs to confirm my Friend request. But I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

Page 239 of 389 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast