Page 237 of 331 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 3301

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi Chris. Lot of RPi users here, among other things. Love those little critters!

Putty works fine in Ubuntu and is in the repositories (you can find it in Software Centre).

Beans

Hi there Ubuntu Community,
    My name is Chuck and I'm looking forward to my time and journey and learning so much goodness here.
    I've personally been using Linux distros off and on for 6 years, and just recently I've been upgrading all my
    customers Windows XP machines (TIME-BOMBS) with different Linux based distros especially using
    Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 13.10. They couldn't be any happier with their new experiences using them and also having the peace of mind knowing that change is some times eventually a "GOOD THING."
    I hope everyone here is enjoying their weekend, I've been keeping myself busy today just working on some Ubuntu inspired artwork & wallpapers to share with others here also.
    Anyway take care & enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!

THANKS A MILLION!!!
    Chuck
    Last edited by Elfy; November 17th, 2013 at 04:19 PM. Reason: I made a mistake and wrote my introduction post on the last page of the Cafe page instead of the first one. SORRY!

Beans

Hello from Orlando Fl,

I was looking for a place to say hello and introduce myself. I am sure if there is a better place for this post it will be moved to it, sorry in advance if it does. switched about a week ago to 13.1 after my 7 x86 froze up again, I run a Asus g73 i bought in spring of 2010. She has a name, and my girlfriend gets very jealous of her at times. I do do a few things on her, music production, any total war title, and Ksp. the entire Ubuntu community has been awesome thus far, helped me get Rome II, and kerble running with posts I've found all over the web. So thank you there all you computer geniuses. If you are 420 friendly, non judgmental, or just laid back please PM me!

Beans
    Hidden!

Threads merged.

Beans

Hello all, name is Steve and I've switched most of my installs to Ubuntu these days.
    I've used about every *nix flavor that has been around since Sys III, started rolling my own Linux
    in 1992 and am happy to see continued growth and a less steep learning curve than was there
    in the olden days. Now days I do a bit of programming, a bit of consulting and a lot of goofing off
    and playing to tweak my own networks. In the past I've built and sold hardware, taken on various
    programming gigs and played with a few interesting support issues (ships at sea, before the Internet
    that most know now) Always learning so I'll see if I can lend a hand and pick up a thing or two
    around the forums.

Beans

Welcome slpitts, look forward on reading some of your first few post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi to all newcomers!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Hi, brand new to Linux as of three days ago. decided to give lubuntu a try, and have pretty much written off the rest . Super excited about everything that I have already been able to pick up. Looks like its a great community. Thanks already for some help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by thatredbird View Post
    Hi, brand new to Linux as of three days ago. decided to give lubuntu a try, and have pretty much written off the rest . Super excited about everything that I have already been able to pick up. Looks like its a great community. Thanks already for some help.
    Hi and welcome thatredbird,

You are right, this is a great community - join in and ask for help whenever you need it!

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi there, i'm Dave, did try suse 9 while back, quite liked it. ended up that machine got thrown out. Went back to windows with new one i bought, but im not to taken with windows. I'm still running XP which i prefer to vista, 7 or 8. I took the plunge earlier in the year and bought a new machine which had ubuntu 13.04 pre-installed on it when i bought it. It connected to the net then would dissconnect. I tried various forums, ideas etc etc till i got tired trying. I put it away and bought a Mac. I have dug it out and would like to use it so i joined here in the hope i might get it sorted out.

Dave

Page 237 of 331 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287 ... LastLast