Page 235 of 333 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 3323

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey! I suppose I can do that introduction thing and say hello. I was delighted to see that the forum sign-in was integrated with Ubuntu One, since 3 years ago I had put Ubuntu on my computer before going technology-free cold turkey for 1.5 years. What a silly name, b|ackhole, but I guess that is what Krystal-of-three-years-ago wanted to be called so I'll let it stay. I do enjoy black holes.

Anyway, after going without a computer for a while (I actually at the time still had an iPhone which I used to complete one of my online university courses, which I would strongly suggest never doing, because just no) I gave in and got an adorable Asus Bamboo, because I suppose I was in some equally-as-silly-to-b|ackhole phase where I wanted technology that was eco friendly. Ran it fine for 1.5 years on Windows 7 until a virus ate explorer.exe, damaged my Safe Mode and left me without any of my data a day before an essay was due. Well I didn't have any time to go and find a way to download my original OS onto my tablet so I could transfer it from a micro SD card onto and make a bootable disk, and I remembered briefly running Ubuntu so I decided to come back, and I am delighted to have.

I ran the Saucy Salamander for half a day, but there were a few features I felt still needed to be tweaked for it to be optimum for me to run it, so I downgraded back to the Precise Pangolian, because Pangolian's are more adorable anyway. All I need to do is get my CS5 collection running on my computer again and I'll be fine but there have been some problems with that! I did find Kingsoft Office as my replacement to Office 2013 (which I was sad to walk away from), but find the Microsoft Clone to be fantastic, if not a little shaky for formatting.

Oh man, I guess that's enough rambling now.
    Hi!
    I'm back.
    S'good to be back.

Krystal

PS: I guess I should add that I'm an illustrator and if anyone has suggestions to make the art and illustration process easier on linux I would love the help! Thanks, <3.
    Last edited by b|ackhole; October 27th, 2013 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added "PS: ..."

Beans

Hi everyone I'm joetxy

Beans

Hi!

My name is Laszlo from Hungary. I'm a beginner.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome one and all.

Beans

Hi, everyone! , my name is Callum, ive used ubuntu before breifly but this is the first time ive owned a laptop with it as the only operating system, recent convert from mac.. had an iphone ipad etc, now own android devices ! aim to build an ubuntu pc by the end of next year!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_Bucknall View Post
    Hi, everyone! , my name is Callum, ive used ubuntu before breifly but this is the first time ive owned a laptop with it as the only operating system, recent convert from mac.. had an iphone ipad etc, now own android devices ! aim to build an ubuntu pc by the end of next year!
    Hi Callum,

A very big welcome to you - it is great to have you on board!

Cheers and good luck -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

hi im stacey and i am new i need templates for office

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by stacey_fiser View Post
    hi im stacey and i am new i need templates for office
    Hi Stacey and welcome. This is a non-support thread in a non-support section of the forums. Please post about your templates in General Help. You will want to give a LOT more detail than you have here. Thanks.

PS: If you are looking for templates for MS office you have posted in the wrong forum altogether probably.

Beans

Hi all. I'm Colleen (grannyk61) and I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 as a first time user of something other than ms windows. Haven't the foggiest idea about what I'm doing but am willing to learn. I'm 61 so learning curve just might be quite the challenge. I'm using a pc that my dad built a year before he passed away. Two years later, my old computer died so I decided to start up Dad's ... got it up and running after much online research as to how to do it...he had it password protected like crazy. What fun that was! Whew!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hello grannyk61 and welcome to the forums. Getting involved with Linux/Ubuntu is a fascinating journey and I hope you enjoy the ride. There are lots of very smart folks in these forums who are always willing to lend a hand. Don't be shy in raising your hand

One should never comment on a lady's age, but may I say your's is perfect.

Page 235 of 333 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285 ... LastLast