By the way 1, I speak french, sorry if I do weird sentences lol
    Bienvenue parmi nous Alex !
    Welcome aboard.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Recently bought a new rig and decided I was too cheap to shell out for Windows so I installed Ubuntu for the first time (long time Windows user, no experience with anything else) . Didn't like Unity and changed to Gnome classic, but didn't like it either. Found out about Kubuntu, installed it, did some customization and it felt comfortable. Installed LAMP, Chromium, Opera, NetBeans, VLC and Thunderbird and all good. Then a little notification popped on me that an upgrade was available (to 13.10 - I installed 13.04 originally). Half of the applications refused to start unless opened with sudo. Guess it had to do with my user account, but being a novice, decided to do a clean install rather than trying to solve the problem. Installed Ubuntu, didn't like Unity, installed Gnome classic, didn't like it either - finally settled with Kubuntu and am happy with it. Through the process I kept bumping into this forum so I decided, why not register. Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimista View Post
    Recently bought a new rig and decided I was too cheap to shell out for Windows so I installed Ubuntu for the first time (long time Windows user, no experience with anything else) . Didn't like Unity and changed to Gnome classic, but didn't like it either. Found out about Kubuntu, installed it, did some customization and it felt comfortable. Installed LAMP, Chromium, Opera, NetBeans, VLC and Thunderbird and all good. Then a little notification popped on me that an upgrade was available (to 13.10 - I installed 13.04 originally). Half of the applications refused to start unless opened with sudo. Guess it had to do with my user account, but being a novice, decided to do a clean install rather than trying to solve the problem. Installed Ubuntu, didn't like Unity, installed Gnome classic, didn't like it either - finally settled with Kubuntu and am happy with it. Through the process I kept bumping into this forum so I decided, why not register. Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Hi Anonimista,

Welcome on behalf of all in the Forums! - I trust that you continue to enjoy Kubuntu - Ubuntu has numerous flavors to choose from -

Any problems you have, remember to ask questions in the appropriate Forum - there are many helpers here to assist you!

May you be with us for many years - cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus

Hi am dave just recently come back to ubuntu. Don't really remember why i stopped using it maybe because i got my mac and it just did the trick but while i was clearing out my storage i found my old laptop with 10.04 on then had a play about with it liked it as good as my mac so bought a new samsung np laptop installed 12.04 loved it then upgraded to 13.04 then 13.10 and loved it even more. Personally I don't see the problem which people have vented there anger at unity i quite like it make's things simple and look's quite snazzy. So am using buntu full time now and give my mac to my girlfriend so will be sticking to ubuntu it suffice's all my need's

Beans

hi! Iam new here and new with ubuntun. but years ago i had ubuntu in my pc and I love it. Now I bought a new PC that has windows 8 nightmare...so I want to instal Unbuntu and end my relationship with any kind of windows...So want to instal ubuntu 12 or 13 on my new Asus N76VB laptop, but windows8 virus don't let me instal. I Can´t instal as dualboot, or just ubuntu.It's ignored, So iam searching for help. If someone here had similiar problem and solved I would apreciate help. I know it's too soon introduce myself and asking for help, but desperate situations require desperate actions.
    Thank you to all, anyway.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Uroua View Post
    I Can´t instal as dualboot, or just ubuntu.It's ignored, So iam searching for help.
    Welcome. Never too soon to introduce yourself, but please post a new thread in the appropriate sub-forum as this is the wrong place to search for help (and you won't get any here). It is a non-support thread and used for introductions only.

Give your new thread a descriptive title and good luck with it.

Beans

Hi fellow Ubuntu's!
    I'm a newbi to Linux and Ubuntu, and have just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and must say I'm loving it! So simple and easy to use and I have had no problems with my old laptop! Running a HP Compaq NC6120. Amazing!
    I did a clean install and deleted my Win 7 (was getting slow) and pretty happy with what I did! Ubuntu is a bit different but so far I have managed to find my way around. Installed wine yesterday so I can run apps that are not yet supported for Ubuntu and works great! First time I have come across a platform that just works!
    Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi all,

Signed up here ages ago, promptly forgot the place existed. Long time Linux user from the early days of Slackware. Always had a soft spot for Linux and have been using it on and off since about 1994 or 1995. Lately though, I find myself using it more and more and relegating Windows as a gaming platform. I like the challenge using Linux presents, in making things work that mightn't do so out of the box, and solving those arcane problems we all get from time to time.

Look forward to interacting with you all.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian_Iversen View Post
    Hi fellow Ubuntu's!
    I'm a newbi to Linux and Ubuntu, and have just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and must say I'm loving it! So simple and easy to use and I have had no problems with my old laptop! Running a HP Compaq NC6120. Amazing!
    I did a clean install and deleted my Win 7 (was getting slow) and pretty happy with what I did! Ubuntu is a bit different but so far I have managed to find my way around. Installed wine yesterday so I can run apps that are not yet supported for Ubuntu and works great! First time I have come across a platform that just works!
    Cheers!
    Hi and and welcome to you Kristian on behalf of all in the forums!

Don't forget that if you ever come across something that doesn't work there are many here willing to help. You only need ask. -

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1968 View Post
    Hi all,

Signed up here ages ago, promptly forgot the place existed. Long time Linux user from the early days of Slackware. Always had a soft spot for Linux and have been using it on and off since about 1994 or 1995. Lately though, I find myself using it more and more and relegating Windows as a gaming platform. I like the challenge using Linux presents, in making things work that mightn't do so out of the box, and solving those arcane problems we all get from time to time.

Look forward to interacting with you all.
    Hi Peter, a big welcome to you also - Now that you are back with us I hope you will stay -

You will find there are quite a few of us Aussies here.

Cheers and best wishes to you both -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

hi, this is Navee_ ,i am new to it and i am facing some problem my reliance dongle is not working properly in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, it shows network disconnect message
    what should i do ?

Page 233 of 344 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast