Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 3326

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by ketchup94 View Post
    My name is Nick and I recently installed Kubuntu. I don't know much about computers but thankfully, my friend was able to set my system up with everything I needed. I play dust 514 on my free time while attending CAC (Central Arizona College).
    Hi Nick,

A very big welcome to you from all in the forums,

Have a good look around and if you come across any problems with your setup ask questions and you will find there are many people here willing to help.

Personally I know nothing about dust 514 but we do have a games forum - have a look for it.

There are a huge number of College students registered as members so you are certainly not alone.

Anyway I trust your time with us is long and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by aamos View Post
    im new to this forum plz help me to learn more...
    Hi aamos,

A very big welcome to you too,

The best thing you can do aamos is to ask questions whenever there is something that you don't understand.

As I said to Nick, there are many people here willing to help.

A problem that does arise from time to time is that people don't put a descriptive heading for their thread. This is very important.

Anyway to both of you - cheers and good luck -
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; April 24th, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hi Everyone,
    I've actually been using Ubuntu off and on for about three years. started with karmic, went to lucid, now using precise with gnome classic.
    It's a personal preference, but I just don't like the Unity dash. I've been strictly linux for about a year now, trying different distros but I always seem
    to come back to Ubuntu. That being said, I own my own business installing ceramic tile, and computers are a hobby. I buy old and used ones whenever
    I can find them cheap, and I've had a few given to me. I now have twenty-seven of them, with seventeen actually working. Seven are running now, with only
    two of those running Windows. That's so its easier to talk friends through troubleshooting their machines.
    Anyway, I love the Ubuntu community. The friendliness and willingness to help on this forum is truly amazing, and I have yet to have a question unanswered.
    After lurking around for quite awhile I thought it was time I introduced myself, so...Greetings Everyone!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by stylintile View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I've actually been using Ubuntu off and on for about three years. started with karmic, went to lucid, now using precise with gnome classic.
    It's a personal preference, but I just don't like the Unity dash. I've been strictly linux for about a year now, trying different distros but I always seem to come back to Ubuntu. That being said, I own my own business installing ceramic tile, and computers are a hobby. I buy old and used ones whenever I can find them cheap, and I've had a few given to me. I now have twenty-seven of them, with seventeen actually working.
    Seven are running now, with only two of those running Windows. That's so its easier to talk friends through troubleshooting their machines. Anyway, I love the Ubuntu community. The friendliness and willingness to help on this forum is truly amazing, and I have yet to have a question unanswered.
    After lurking around for quite awhile I thought it was time I introduced myself, so...Greetings Everyone!!
    Hi stylintile,

A big welcome to you from all in the forums,

It is good when a lurker eventually comes out into the open, your experience with computers will be invaluable here.

Congratulations on your conky and the notices within - keep up your good efforts in doing without.

17 working computers is quite a number, all the more to add to your experience.

You have it seems already had a good look around, join in and keep posting.

You're right about the Ubuntu community, they certainly are a very helpful and friendly bunch.

I trust that you are around the forums for many years,

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hello... I'm cflow, and I've been on linux since I installed 9.10 Karmic Koala. I was rather shy about asking for help quite often, and I mostly read the documentation to get my help. Now, while I still ask for minimal help, I have been interested in news, cutting edge features, and discussions about linux. Sometimes I comment on Distrowatch and Ars Technica. I have Ubuntu 13.04 on my netbook that I've switched to "Saucy" repositories to help test, and some anonymous linux OS on my desktop (It's a secret that keeps changing.)

Anyway, I'll see if I can help with bug reports, as I have some experience filing them for ElementaryOS at one time. I may respond here in the cafe on occasions too...

-cflow

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cflow View Post
    Hello... I'm cflow, and I've been on linux since I installed 9.10 Karmic Koala. I was rather shy about asking for help quite often, and I mostly read the documentation to get my help. Now, while I still ask for minimal help, I have been interested in news, cutting edge features, and discussions about linux. Sometimes I comment on Distrowatch and Ars Technica. I have Ubuntu 13.04 on my netbook that I've switched to "Saucy" repositories to help test, and some anonymous linux OS on my desktop (It's a secret that keeps changing.)

Anyway, I'll see if I can help with bug reports, as I have some experience filing them for ElementaryOS at one time. I may respond here in the cafe on occasions too...

-cflow
    Hi cflow,

Welcome to you from all in the forums,

Your experience will be most welcome here - I trust that you do continue to contribute to the forums.

You may be interested in this forum or in the Cafe. Regardless, you will be most welcome in either.

Testers too are always most welcome - You certainly have jumped in quickly with "saucy", thank you on behalf of all here.

I hope that I get to see your name around here for many years.

Cheers and best wishes -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi,I'm Efi,been an Ubuntu user for about a year.My first distro was Red Hat 9.Happy to be here!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by multilingual View Post
    Hi,I'm Efi,been an Ubuntu user for about a year.My first distro was Red Hat 9.Happy to be here!
    Hi Efi,

We are happy that you're here too. A big welcome from all in the forums.

Have a good look around (if you haven't done it already). Ask any questions when you have the need.

You will find that we are a friendly bunch here.

Trusting you are around the forums for many years,

Cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi, everyone! I've just recently come back to the Linux community and now I think I'll stay for good.

My first experience with Linux was about 5 years ago when I went in an internet cafe that used Redhat as its OS where I remember being really fascinated by it. About a year later, I installed my first distro on my laptop (Hardy Heron) and then experimented with Mint, openSuse, and Mythbuntu. The last version I tried was Jaunty after which I went back to Windows and used Vista, then 7, and most recently, 8.

Earlier this week, I tried Quantal Quetzal and liked it. I messed something up with 12.10 that I couldn't fix last night and decided to upgrade to Raring Ringtail in a last ditch attempt to save my files (it worked!) and now here I am running 13.04 and liking it even more!
    Last edited by plasticframedglasses; April 27th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by plasticframedglasses View Post
    Hi, everyone! I've just recently come back to the Linux community and now I think I'll stay for good.

My first experience with Linux was about 5 years ago when I went in an internet cafe that used Redhat as its OS where I remember being really fascinated by it. About a year later, I installed my first distro on my laptop (Hardy Heron) and then experimented with Mint, openSuse, and Mythbuntu. The last version I tried was Jaunty after which I went back to Windows and used Vista, then 7, and most recently, 8.

Earlier this week, I tried Quantal Quetzal and liked it. I messed something up with 12.10 that I couldn't fix last night and decided to upgrade to Raring Ringtail in a last ditch attempt to save my files (it worked!) and now here I am running 13.04 and liking it even more!
    Hi plasticframedglasses - a big welcome to you on behalf of all in the forums,

Good to see that you are already posting questions - not so good that your latest problem is not fixed yet. I hope that you get it sorted out soon.

By now you would have had a look around the forums - ask questions whenever you like - we are a friendly bunch here.

Your experience with having used a number of distros also will prove to be an asset in the forums. You didn't waste much time in choosing 13.04 - good for you!

Hoping that you're around for many years - cheers -
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Beans

Hi all!

I'm back to stay on linux if I can ever settle down on a single distro haha. I've been a mac user for years and have only dabbled in linux. I've now gotten to the point where I want to commit.

I spent the day tinkering with my early 2011 MBP to get Ringtail on it but now I think I'm going to put Fuduntu or Mint Cinnamon back on it. We shall see.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and look forward to time in the linux forums!

Page 203 of 333 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast