Page 202 of 346 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 3456

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

  1. #2011
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    0

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    howdy all, brand new user, still trying to figure ot all out, having problems with installing on Sony Vaio, can't post, ask for thread prefix? any help on either would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2012
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    0

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    My name is Russell.. I am a relatively new linux user, I have used linux and unix on my home computer for a little under 2 years.
    I have a growing facination with the operating system and a desire to learn more about it. Love online communities, and I feel that this community is a strong-knit and intelligent one. This is me saying Hi! and introducing myself.

  3. #2013
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bones View Post
    howdy all, brand new user, still trying to figure ot all out, having problems with installing on Sony Vaio, can't post, ask for thread prefix? any help on either would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Johnny,

    A big welcome to you from all in the forums.

    You should be able to post on the Hardware Forum - quote your laptop model and name in the heading and describe the problems you are having. I trust that is sufficient to get you started.

    Edit - It has occurred to me that you may be trying to post from a mobile - It is my understanding that there is currently a problem with thread prefixes. Staff are currently working on the problem and hope it will be sorted out ASAP.

    Cheers and good luck -

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCat View Post
    My name is Russell.. I am a relatively new linux user, I have used linux and unix on my home computer for a little under 2 years.
    I have a growing facination with the operating system and a desire to learn more about it. Love online communities, and I feel that this community is a strong-knit and intelligent one. This is me saying Hi! and introducing myself.
    Hi Russell,

    And a big welcome to you too!

    You will find that we are a very friendly bunch around here - You are in the right place to learn as much as you desire about linux. If you wish to mix more you could try the Cafe.

    All the best with your time here - cheers -
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; April 22nd, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

  4. #2014
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    5

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hello world.

    My name is Ishmael Plata I currently reside in Anaheim, California. I have been using Ubuntu since 8.04 and since then left Ubuntu for a brief discovery stint where I wished to learn all I could about different distros before realizing I am quite comfortable with sticking with Ubuntu as my main and maybe having a Debian or some other distro as my alt installs.
    I am in the process of building up my internet reputation and hopefully get myself better acquainted with some of you fine ladies and gentlemen.

    I wish to take this opportunity to state that if it wasn't for these communities (Debian, Ubuntu, etc) I would still be in a weird pseudo funk. Ever since I re-discovered Linux, I have been on this crazy thirst for any form of knowledge I can get my hands on. And lately my thirst for anything related to GNU/Linux has made it possible for me to land a job with the skills I learned as a hobby.
    It's great to be able to say that I love my job.

    Please say hello to me if ever you see me anywhere else! I look forward to meeting as many people as I can.

    -Ishmael
    Last edited by m4gnus; April 23rd, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

  5. #2015
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by m4gnus View Post
    Hello world.

    My name is Ishmael Plata I currently reside in Anaheim, California. I have been using Ubuntu since 8.04 and since then left Ubuntu for a brief discovery stint where I wished to learn all I could about different distros before realizing I am quite comfortable with sticking with Ubuntu as my main and maybe having a Debian or some other distro as my alt installs.
    I am in the process of building up my internet reputation and hopefully get myself better acquainted with some of you fine ladies and gentlemen.

    I wish to take this opportunity to state that if it wasn't for these communities (Debian, Ubuntu, etc) I would still be in a weird pseudo funk. Ever since I re-discovered Linux, I have been on this crazy thirst for any form of knowledge I can get my hands on. And lately my thirst for anything related to GNU/Linux has made it possible for me to land a job with the skills I learned as a hobby.
    It's great to be able to say that I love my job.

    Please say hello to me if ever you see me anywhere else! I look forward to meeting as many people as I can.

    -Ishmael
    Hi Ishmael,

    Sincere greetings to you on behalf of all in the forums.

    Your knowledge of GNU/Linux will be received here with enthusiasm. I trust that you will have a good look around and eventually get involved in areas that appeal to you.

    You will find there are members here who will be pleased to acquaint themselves with you. Asking and replying to questions in the forums is a good place to start.

    The Cafe is a good place for more general conversations. You will find a very friendly bunch here.

    May your time with us be long - cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

  6. #2016
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    0

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hello

    I'm here as I find myself being dragged kicking and screaming back into the dark world of building and maintaining servers etc.

    To explain, and some history.

    I started working life in 1977, a mechanic in the Australian Army for for the first 19 years, then trained and become a sys admin, systems integrator, network manipulator and general all things IT.

    Then I went to IT in a State Treasury, then a State Forestry "Government Business Enterprise" (aka public service that thinks it's big business). Then stint in Private schools.

    Then I got sick of all the crap from software vendors in general and M$, Apple, in particular. Sick of trying to get it all working together resolving the same basic issues that re-appeared every year with every "new" release.
    "Users" and middle managers that just had to have the latest and greatest, even though they used but a fraction of the capabilities of the version they had 2 years ago. Basically working hard and in real terms, getting no-where.

    So I went back to being a mechanic, bit of a stint in the building trades, and eventually back to my true love, Motorcycles and the tinkering thereof. I've lost a lot of income, but I'm way, Way, WAY happier.

    I'm now lucky enough to be paid to imbibe with my passion, and to work with and for others who share my passion.

    But there's always one caveat, isn't there?

    This place has the most discordant and useless systems in place for everything IT and telephony.
    I find I must fix it, I cannot stand it any longer.

    But at least I have a clean slate, the "users" will accept whatever I give them, and for the first time genuine appreciation.

    So there you go.
    Jim

  7. #2017
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    3

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    My name is Nick and I recently installed Kubuntu. I don't know much about computers but thankfully, my friend was able to set my system up with everything I needed. I play dust 514 on my free time while attending CAC (Central Arizona College).

  8. #2018
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Beans
    0

    Hello every one....!

    im new to this forum plz help me to learn more...

  9. #2019
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Reykjavík, Ísland
    Beans
    12,550
    Distro
    Lubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Threads merged.
    If you install Buntu 17.10 remember to download a new ISO file.

    Old files might contain a bug which can damage UEFI hardware. Updating an existing installation and upgrading to 17.10 (if one has faith in upgrades in general) are safe.

  10. #2020
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hi Jim,

    A very big welcome to you from one Aussie to another - You will find quite a few of us reside in the forums.

    Thanks for filling us in on your story up to now - it certainly has been a very interesting one.

    Glad that you are happier in your life now, I trust your time here will prove to be equally happy.

    Have a good look around and get involved in whatever area appeals to you - many share their opinions in the Cafe.

    The great thing about the forums is that you are communicating with people with similar interests from around the world.

    Thanks again Jim, I hope we come across one another again,

    Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

Page 202 of 346 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •