Page 187 of 339 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3385

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

  1. #1861
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Beans
    7,738
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hi chriscw81. Welcome to the forums

    No problem, I just moved it where it should be.

    Come here often and have fun.
    Regards.

  2. #1862
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    2

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hello great people!

    Err....Hi, I'm AQ--longtime lurker, first-time poster. I've been dabbling since the days of Lucid Lynx, and am currently fiddling with Quantal Quetzal. I work with Quetzal on a few testbeds at my job, but I haven't completely migrated my OS at home yet; some of my favourite games *coughMassEffectcoughSWTORcoughSkyrim* are still being problematic under Wine.

    Looking forward to rappin' with all y'all.

  3. #1863
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by acidqueen View Post
    Hello great people!

    Err....Hi, I'm AQ--longtime lurker, first-time poster. I've been dabbling since the days of Lucid Lynx, and am currently fiddling with Quantal Quetzal. I work with Quetzal on a few testbeds at my job, but I haven't completely migrated my OS at home yet; some of my favourite games *coughMassEffectcoughSWTORcoughSkyrim* are still being problematic under Wine.

    Looking forward to rappin' with all y'all.
    Hi acidqueen,

    Lurkers are very welcome on the forums - I trust your stay here is eventful -

    No doubt you already know your way around, however now is the time to start posting. whether it be in the Cafe or on a support forum - just join in.

    Plenty of gamers here too.

    If any of the links in my signature are of interest to you, bookmark them.

    Anyway we extend a huge welcome to you -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

  4. #1864
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    0

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hey Everybody. I'm an intermediate Linux user. have used Ubuntu on and off since 9.x days. On and of because I was a huge gamer. I also have a Powerbook G4 running Debian squeeze and a macbook 2,1(13" white plastic one). Unlike a lot of mac users, however, I know my way around a terminal

    So I wasn't too happy with Unity, when it came out, because I didn't have much RAM and there was a lot of swapping goin on. Well I upgraded yesterday, so I decided to install 12.10. Runs nice and smooth. And I like unity nowadays. I'm also running Arch Linux on my 2nd partition with KDE 4.

    So anyways. Here I am. Hoping to make some nice acquaintances, and maybe learn a bit more about all that is Linux

  5. #1865
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Beans
    28

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hi Ubuntu Community, I'm Ximaceo, 29 years old, from Spain.

    I'm new on GNU/Linux, I come with Steam to stay for a long time.

    My PC only run Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x64, I am delighted with Unity,
    other distros remind me Windows in excess.

    I hope to learn a lot with you! Cheers!

  6. #1866
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by Kov3nant View Post
    Hey Everybody. I'm an intermediate Linux user. have used Ubuntu on and off since 9.x days. On and of because I was a huge gamer. I also have a Powerbook G4 running Debian squeeze and a macbook 2,1(13" white plastic one). Unlike a lot of mac users, however, I know my way around a terminal

    So I wasn't too happy with Unity, when it came out, because I didn't have much RAM and there was a lot of swapping goin on. Well I upgraded yesterday, so I decided to install 12.10. Runs nice and smooth. And I like unity nowadays. I'm also running Arch Linux on my 2nd partition with KDE 4.

    So anyways. Here I am. Hoping to make some nice acquaintances, and maybe learn a bit more about all that is Linux
    Hi Kov3nant,

    With your experience you will get a lot out of the forums - ask as many questions as you like either in a support forum or in the Cafe (Many people hang around there!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ximaceo View Post
    Hi Ubuntu Community, I'm Ximaceo, 29 years old, from Spain.

    I'm new on GNU/Linux, I come with Steam to stay for a long time.

    My PC only run Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x64, I am delighted with Unity,
    other distros remind me Windows in excess.

    I hope to learn a lot with you! Cheers!
    A big welcome Ximaceo,

    Have a good look around the Forums and ask as many questions as you like, You will find that we are a very friendly bunch here.

    Both of you can have a look at the links in my signature if they are of any use to you.

    Cheers -
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

  7. #1867
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Beans
    0

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Long term lurker so I will be glad to start posting

  8. #1868
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by ggwcolombia View Post
    Long term lurker so I will be glad to start posting
    May I give you a huge welcome ggwcolombia -

    Converted lurkers are most welcome in the Forums - now you may start using your knowledge to help others or have a good time yourself in the Cafe.

    Whatever you do remember to enjoy yourself.

    Your are welcome to bookmark any of the links in my signature if you wish.

    Cheers -
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; February 20th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog

  9. #1869
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Beans
    22

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Hey folks!! My name is Boudi, WarTribe by username. I'm an avid user of Ubuntu and I've used it for over 4 years now as my stand alone OS. I love it.

    I'm a poet/writer/musician and promoter of books of my fellow writers and musicians. I'm 38 years old. I live here in Tennessee but I'm a "yankee," according to the locals because I don't talk like them even though I was born and grew up here and lived here until I was 21 when I moved to Indiana. But now I'm back. I have an associate's degree in a field that I don't care about anymore and I decided I was going to pursue my true passion and that's to write.

    If you need more, message me. I'll talk to you.

  10. #1870
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Beans
    0

    Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

    Salam.

    i am a noob to Ubuntu. i've once tried Feisty Fawn before, but still crawled back to windows a couple of months later. Since then have been tried some of the beginner-wise, popular distro such as suse and recently tried Linux Mint. but still, need to craw back to Windows, due to works and stuff... [danm you windows]

    As time changes, yes currently i'm very eager to return to ubuntu, mostly due to ubuntu's vision of unified (not tried unity yet, no pun intended... ) OS of phones, desktop, tablet and TV. Well, mostly coz of Ubuntu for Android. I owned a GNex and can't wait to install the new mobile OS. (eat that Windows Phone).

    So, to all gurus and sifus out there, please enlighten the way (or the proper thread to hang out to) for Ubuntu mobile. Hope within this week, there are numerous threads to surf for.


    Yoroshiku onegaishimasu,



    ps : you know it, it's time for Quantal Quetza.

Page 187 of 339 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •