Page 171 of 389 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 3890

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hi. I'm Aaron, and I've been using Linux for about five years. I started with Ubuntu, and now I use both Ubuntu and Arch. I like Unity, tiling window managers, and shell scripting. While Ubuntu is no longer my primary OS, I'm very excited about what Canonical and the Ubuntu development community have done and continue to do for Linux as a platform. With Steam, Unity 3d engine, and Humble Bundles, Linux is entering a new era as a viable platform for a different group of users, and will put pressure on hardware manufacturers and software developers to offer better support for the platform. Ubuntu is leading the charge in all of this. Thanks!

As such, I'm interested in helping new users as much as possible.
    Last edited by Aaron Christianson; November 17th, 2012 at 05:02 AM.

Beans

Hi, I've installed assorted flavours of Linux distros as a second OS alongside Win 7 for about 3 years now, but I've not really ever used any of them in anger.

I am now determined to stick with it, and have chosen Xubuntu 12.10 as my distro of choice.

In the process of sorting / tidying up my old dual-boot partiition configuration, I managed to inadvertently wipe my D: (Windows user drive!), but thankfully I store my important files on an external HDD.

What this means is that Windows could no longer boot, so I will now be performing a brand new install of both Windows and Xubuntu, and will be looking at setting a long-term, happy configuration that boots into Xubuntu as default.

I will be starting a thread soon discussing my setup and asking for some pointers regarding best use of my 3 SSD / HDDs.

Beans

hey everybody Linux user from the UK no local Linux user group still using Ubuntu and proud about it go open source!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Greetings, one and all.

I'm a new-buntu user, too. While I'm completely enjoying the GNU/Linux experience (in particular the Ubuntu-flavor), I'm kind of wishing I made the change years ago. Better late than never, I suppose.

Less than a handful of months ago, I exorcised OSX from a 2 year old MacBook Pro and haven't looked back since. In fact, I'm enjoying the switch so much that I'm doing whatever I can to convince the powers that be, to let me exorcise ******* from work.

I made the move because to Ubuntu I've become more than just a little disenfranchised with the current state of user control, flexibility, and the increasingly more invasive changes emerging in mainstream OS development. Yes, I also enjoy my security and privacy. Although (for me), I have small concerns about changes introduced to Quantal, but that's another thread altogether, - at least I have the option (and power) to get rid of those facets I don't like.

Anyway, I'm not a dev or a programmer, although I have dabbled 'here and there' . I'm an explorer, a control freak, a learner, a thinker, a dreamer, a tinkerer, photographer, designer and heap of other things. I'm also very interested at the prospect of GNU/Linux on the mobile and tablet platforms.

Lastly (and perhaps most importantly) I'm grateful to the community for their time, talent, diligence, and wonderful work. I'm happy to be here and hope that I might one day help contribute in some way. Thank you for having me.

Beans

Hello.

I would have posted in the introductions thread sooner, but I couldn't find it with a casual browsing of the threads.

Beans

I have been on these forums before, but didn't really use'em, more often than not someone has had my problem and was solved so a quick search did the trick. But I felt maybe it was time to interact with the community properly.

Beans

I've stumbled across these forums a number of times when googling for solutions, but never actually joined up. Figure it's only fair I finally did!
    I've been using linux for about 4 or 5 years now, and have never looked back! (Although I still consider myself quite a noob...)

Beans

Greetings! I've been using linux as a main OS since 2008, trying out distros in the way, until finally settling down.
    I use Ubuntu mostly for web development.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

My name is Chris. I have messed with Linux a tiny bit many years ago. I recently decided to get rid of Windows on my laptop completely, and take the plunge to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. So far, it is pretty easy to use, and I only miss tiny things about Windows. I hope to learn a lot here!

Beans

Howdy all

I've installed Xubuntu alongside my current OS, and have enjoyed it so far. Looking forward to seeing the differences between Ubuntu and Debian, and enjoying a full XFCE DE environment (complete with desktop icons and everything!).

Have a great day

Page 171 of 389 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast