Page 165 of 389 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3886

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Not really new, just forgot I've had an account here..

I've got a whole bunch of machines ranging from 8088's up to Phenom-II based machines.

At the moment I've got three machines running Xubuntu, they're not really the most modern machines... oldest being a P-4 running at 2giggly herz.. the slowest machine I've ever used Linux on was a Pentium 133Mhz machine with 32 Mb RAM and a 2Gb HDD, it ran Puppy Linux.

Beans

Greetings everyone...

My name is Amir Zaim Mohd Zaini or known as amirzaim in my username and I'm using Ubuntu since 2010 where I'm was a part 1 student of Computer Science Diploma in my university ago and I'm currently using Ubuntu 12.04, but custom built which is made by myself...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi All..

I started to use Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx on my old HP nx9010 laptop and loved it from day one.. How to get things done the ubuntu way was/is fun to learn and play with..

Now I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 on two machines and got a server running on ubuntu 12.04 at work, it's great..
    Unfortunately I'm not able to completely shake off windows.. Some programs I use often just won't run on Ubuntu and the "linux" equivalent (if there is one) just doesn't cut it..
    I hope the day I can completely make the transition to Ubuntu will come soon..

Bart..

Beans

Hello

Hello friends I am new in this forum and just joined.

Beans

Hi;
    I just installed Ubuntu and it is really fun and functional. I like how fast it is but most of all I LOVE how it did not ask me for a license key!
    I am an old techie that has slid into executive management and I like to build my own computers at home since they don't let me touch anything electrical at work anymore!

I am going to look around here and find out more about what hardware works well with UBUNTU.
    I am interested in building a home theater PC and maybe an asterisk VOIP server.
    Could be a good couple of winter projects.
    So far so good on the hardware side: I loaded UBUNTU 12.04 on a PC with a bloated and corrupted Win 7 OS.
    all my devices worked right away except for the wireless keyboard. It is always good to keep an old wired keyboard and mouse around in case of just this situation!
    I am impressed!

Now if only I can find an open source replacement for SharePoint!

Cheers
    Sean

Beans

Hi I am Jens, I installed Ubuntu a few weeks ago. I used to use Windows because my mom didn't allow me to run Linux on the PC I had to share with her. Now I have my own and enjoy Linux. I am a Software developer, started with Visual Basic, but since I planned to use Linux I started to Learn Java. My PC is running Lubuntu 12.04 x64, but I installed KDE because I didn't like LXDE. I also have a Server running with Ubuntu 12.04.

At the moment I am writing this I am 16 and visiting a School somewhere in Germany. Btw I hope my English is not that bad for it being not my native Language.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

A hearty welcome to all you of that have recently joined the forums
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans

Hi there all
    I'm gary65plus, I'm new to Ubuntu and currently running 11.?? I have my co[SIZE=3]mputer set up solely on Ubuntu, and have been learning alot in the last few days. So I'll be coming here often, because I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.
    Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; October 18th, 2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: fonts - now more readable

Beans

Hello, I'm Androzani1. I'm new here and have never used a Linux operating system, but will be trying one eventually. Be nice, I do bite.

Beans

Hello everyone, My name is Steve and live on the east coast of North Carolina. I installed Ubuntu on my old computer that was about to be thrown away and it brought it back to life. My daughter has been using it for a year now. Recently I dual installed Ubuntu on my Dell with Windows 7. I look forward to browsing the forums and already know a wealth of information is here. Thanks for all the responses to questions.
    Steve

Page 165 of 389 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast