Page 162 of 346 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3456

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hey guys, I'm not new here but I don't post that much so I just wanna say HI. I'm into reading tips and learning new things from this forum. It's awesome!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi guys, im here trying to expand my knowledge of all things linux, if there are any guides for beginners id really appreciate it. Especially using terminal, although i do love using command line id love to know exactly what everything meant and how to do things myself

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adjbck View Post
    Hi guys, im here trying to expand my knowledge of all things linux, if there are any guides for beginners id really appreciate it. Especially using terminal, although i do love using command line id love to know exactly what everything meant and how to do things myself
    There's a sticky under the absolute beginner forum for command line learning/resources

New here as well; Programmer/Analyst (Windows VB, Unix C/shell scripting/perl); Unix strong user level; Recently installed Ubuntu on my laptop and my desktop; Working on increasing my Perl skills; Interested in learning (L)inux (A)pache (M)ySql (P)hp development, java and more about administration....

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Namaste Friends!

I have been playing with ubuntu since 8.x days and discovered new life ubuntu gave to my allmost dead pentium 3 toshiba laptop.

I am a CG artist and mainly have been working with 3D Architecture and 3D interior design render jobs. And now I'm planning to get into programming and start learning C# and other languages. I am planning on developing interactive 3D presentation applications for ubuntu in future..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Hello.

I am a fairly new user on linux, but I have not regretted my shift from windows to ubuntu.
    I used windows for 10+ years, and windows was great until windows 8 was announced. Windows 8 is the reason why I went over to ubuntu.
    The only time I use windows now, is on work. But it's crappy, windows 7 on citrix and slow as hell. Many problems. I don't like citrix, but I have to live with it.

Beans

Hi Mates!
    I'm from India and pretty new here .So i hope to make new friends and drink lots of cups of ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've never actually posted here, and I'm semi-new to the forums. I trade stocks, am married, go to University as a somewhat mature (ie. older than average) student, and am learning to program in my spare time (what little I have). I use Ubuntu 12.04 as well as openSUSE (SUSE 7 was my first Linux OS, so I still have a soft spot for it).

Beans

well hello, i guess introductions is a good place to start, i've been playing with ubuntu for about 2 months now since i picked up a cheap (£20) dell pc to replace a dead tablet its all good so far though i am missing a few android things, its no biggie though

Beans

Several aborted attempts with linux in the past (Ubuntu 2004 flavour, fedora, one of the early Mint flavours), but I've never stuck with it.

An update to Windows 7 rendered my laptop unbootable. A linux live CD rescued all of my data, and I decided to try a fresh precise install. It's been about a month, and I'm sticking with it.

I miss Steam. I miss gaming. That's my only regret.

Beans

Smile Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Greetings!

I switched to Ubuntu a couple of years ago. I love how my old machine runs infinitely better than it did on Windows. Once I get my system updated, I'm soo looking forward to getting back into open-source gaming!

[It bothers me, too than Netflix - and Steam? - are so biased against Linux than they refuse to run on it.]

Despite using Ubuntu for a while, I'm a perpetual newb when it comes to any problems - so glad for the forum!

Page 162 of 346 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast