Page 114 of 328 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 3272

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

I had made an account a month ago, and just decided to start using it. Shame shame.

Great atmosphere Ubuntu has here, freaking stoked to become better suited in this realm of amazingness!

Sf fifty beans before you can alter profile info?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Welcome to the forum - have fun. Yes 50 posts before you can alter profile info. See - http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...62&postcount=1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forestpiskie View Post
    Welcome to the forum - have fun. Yes 50 posts before you can alter profile info. See - http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...62&postcount=1
    Ah yes I fully understand this but is there any way to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post in it? I can't find an option so I presume I can't change it, but Im getting lost on all of the threads.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

If you search for your own user name in 'advanced search', you will see all new posts in the threads where you have been posting.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by shizz View Post
    Ah yes I fully understand this but is there any way to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post in it? I can't find an option so I presume I can't change it, but Im getting lost on all of the threads.
    If you can do this while at less than 50 posts the option is in Default Thread Subscription Mode on this page http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=editoptions

If not at the top of all threads - Thread Tools - use the subscribe to this thread option

Beans

Um.....Hi? (lol , ive never been good at introdoucing myself , sorry ) Anyway i am 15 years old and i live in Greece. That's pretty much all i can say about myself.

I installed ubuntu really recently and I Know nothing about it apart from that it's free, im a complete noob so i'll probably be asking a lot if stupid questions in the future........:s Anyway , ive been searching for reviews and stuff and googling around for OS and came to the conclusion that ubuntu , mint and zorin os are probably my favourites. And.....that's about it

Btw......isn't 50 posts a bit steep? :s Well anyway......nevermind.

Beans

Hello Everyone ( Introduction)

Hi all,
    My name is Ron and I am a complete newbie to Linux but after many years of displeasure of windows I have finally taken the plunge and loaded Ubuntu / Linux on one of my machines as a dual boot system. I am not afraid of the prompt as I cut my teeth in on DOS and CBASE before windows was even developed and I write code in C++ (Some what... LOL). However, I am new to Linux in general and I can already see it is as a OS that is not for the faint of heart and average user but I also can see great things from this OS that Windows can't deliver. Not to mention the cost is a plus also.

The main reason I choose Linux is I am working on a project that will require on embedded OS with multiple touch screens that can work in real time so it was more cost effective to go with Linux. I am a retired mechanical engineer by trade that has some programming in C++ and already have QT loaded on the desktop. I hope you guys and girls can help me though this learning curve and I will attempt to not ask to many stupid questions.

Thank,
    Ron

Beans

Hi,

Just thought I'd say hello.

Been using UNIX (SunOS, HPUX, SCO) for 20+ years. Been using Ubuntu Since version 8.10...

...MS products since DOS 3.x, was an MCSE a few years back.

Playing with Lubuntu a few days ago and found some help here, so thought I'd stop lurking and join.

Beans
    Hidden!

Welcome to all

Beans

Joined a year ago, have so far managed to solve most issues with judicious googling, but I thought I'd get involved, so er... hi!

I have a question to ask about a question I want to ask! Basically, I'm looking for a bit of discussion on Linux courses..... where best to ask it? Here in the cafe or in Education & Science?

Page 114 of 328 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast