Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Breambutt View Post
    I'm nobody and hate everyone.
    Hard day? Hard life?

Technically speaking many of us are "nobodys" who find a place here after being rejected elsewhere, myself included.

If it helps: "Nobody is perfect; nice to meet you, Nobody"

Oh, and "Everyone makes mistakes"
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by km6xz View Post
    I am not entirely new........ .......... ....... It has been two weeks and not one person has missed making a comment about how fast their files are being served ........... ................ I tried to convince one of the staff members to try Ubuntu, she did but complained that it was not Windows, but did like how she could read ANY 2007 or 2003 Office Files using Open Office ........... .......... and certainly Ubuntu Server are ready for general office use.....
    You've got me exited! I can't wait to implement a similar layout in my office!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breambutt View Post
    I'm nobody and hate everyone.
    ....except me (please say that )

Beans

Hi all,
    Am new here ... Started to use Ubuntu 9.10 6 months ago and since then became addicted to it. Thanks to my good friend now I have successfully got more and more of my friends to explore Ubuntu...

Cool stuff you all have here...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by ubunterooster View Post
    Hard day? Hard life?

Technically speaking many of us are "nobodys" who find a place here after being rejected elsewhere, myself included.

If it helps: "Nobody is perfect; nice to meet you, Nobody"

Oh, and "Everyone makes mistakes"
    Oooh I've never wanted to be anyone else, it's just that I don't care much for names. They don't really serve a purpose, yet some have power. It's just my take on the principles of equality, hence I also hate everyone equally.

I didn't even use to introduce myself in real life until a friend's friend punched me in a bar, he found it insulting or something. 8D

Nowadays I try to find out first if the person in question is a violent redneck.

Beans

Greetings sonn to be made freinds and enemies.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    You've got me exited! I can't wait to implement a similar layout in my office!!

....except me (please say that )
    Try it on a spare machine so people can look at it and play, don't tell them it is Linux under the hood, that would scare them off.

I had the first "support" call this morning. One of my employees, along with 4 others goofing off overlooking offering advice, was trying everything he could think of to see the common document files on the server. After a few seconds to focus my eyes.....it was a long night in the dance club.....I discovered the culprit and why Ubuntu failed for the first time to serve files....the cleaning lady or the office cat, someone had unplugged the Ethernet cable from his tower PC. I suspect the cat, she hates computers after we changed to flat panel displays, she loved sleeping on the vents of the old CRT displays.

These last two weeks were the longest stretch in 6 years that no one came to me saying they couldn't print, or connect to the network, or that their Windows desktop was slowing to a crawl after a few hours of use. I still have not told anyone they are using Linux, only that it is a new hip MacClone GUI. They were given the Kubuntu version. Half the office has been switched from wireless to CAT-5 Ethernet connections, the rest will get switched this weekend.

I am going away to visit family in California from my adopted home of St Petersburg Russia in a week and I want no problems when I am gone. This will be the first time I will feel confident in not checking in every couple hours. They are not going to hear from me for 2 weeks while I hike in the mountains and work on my elderly mother's garden.
    But I will miss St Petersburg the instant I get on the plane, I am so bored in California, it used to be great 20-30 years ago. The town I am going to stay in has close to a million people yet no night life, only 3 museums, no ballet, no opera, very few dance clubs(I have not found any) or pubs, little/no live music. The only positive is getting my stored car out of storage, polishing it and driving. It is the last of my long collected Italian GTs from the 60s-70s, a restored '72 5 liter Bora Maserati. What I would miss most by being back in the States is the lack of stylish, educated, fit, well groomed ladies without attitudes, a commodity that is almost non-existent in the US.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by km6xz View Post
    .....They are not going to hear from me for 2 weeks while I hike in the mountains and work on my elderly mother's garden.
    But I will miss St Petersburg the instant I get on the plane, I am so bored in California, it used to be great 20-30 years ago. The town I am going to stay in has close to a million people yet no night life, only 3 museums, no ballet, no opera, very few dance clubs(I have not found any) or pubs, little/no live music. The only positive is getting my stored car out of storage, polishing it and driving. It is the last of my long collected Italian GTs from the 60s-70s, a restored '72 5 liter Bora Maserati. What I would miss most by being back in the States is the lack of stylish, educated, fit, well groomed ladies without attitudes, a commodity that is almost non-existent in the US.
    ..... somebody tell 'em not to wake me up now .....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi all,

I thought to post here my first before getting into deeper water. Congratulations to Ubuntu community for the excellent presence.

Wtower

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi, my name is Adam.

"HI ADAM"

Hi, everybody, well I am here because I am a recovering windows user. I would crash a lot, lock up from time to time, and was a real pain to make my own.

But now I use Ubuntu, and I am free.

"that was real touching Adam, everyone thank Adam for sharing with the group."

"Thanks Adam"
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected. ~Fight Club
    I have this condition. ~ Memento
    A young girl believed in the brain in a vat theory. And when she tried to get everyone to believe her, they didn't and she was sad.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wink Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Hello, I'm infamous around these corners, but I will keep posting cause I like this forum It's user friendly, as ubuntu is.
    Linux - not for popularity reasons, but for the love of the art.

Page 11 of 389 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast