Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3301

Thread: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Welcome to the Forums - Introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by 习惯了远离 View Post
    Hi, I'm YaNan(/ja'næ/) Lu,China
    I have learned English for years , but still couldn't express myself easily in English.
    I have used the ubuntu for three months and basically made it familiar to me.
    I just love Linux, love ubuntu ,from the first time I know him.
    I hope I can help more people with what I have learned from other warmhearted helper.
    And I will pay my best to learning and giving, with my not very good English

^_^it comes that I used too many "I"s, no matter what to say. Character!
    Hi YaNan Lu, and welcome to the forums

It is the target, not the medium which is important. Successful are those who focus on target, not on the medium or obstacles. If your target is learning, English is just one of many possible mediums. Don't give it too much thought. Just focus on what you want to achieve and you'll soon be able to get and deliver the best!
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Hi everyone. (nee how YaNan Lu )

I recently removed the dual boot from my laptop and installed Natty on its own. I intend to give the lappy to my mum for browsing and emails and decided she would be happy with the simple look and speed of Unity.

I have Natty 11.04 on my own laptop and have set permissions so I can access her install to help out when required.

I personally liked Unity at first glance but I'm now using the Classic option as it's more familiar (I was doing okay until I couldn't remember the name of something I wanted to "search"). However, a restart of Ubuntu is so quick it could be possible to switch between the two at will.

I still have Windows 7 on my main gaming pc for recording, sequencing and my two fave flight sims but it does get weeks of neglect these days being in the 'spare room'.

Ubuntu is certainly my first love for general use.

Been around for a long time but resolve most issues with "search/ctrl,alt,T/copy/paste...... fixed/happy/exit
    Last edited by Glynnux; October 28th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi all.

My name is AbdulMajid from India. I've been using Ubuntu since the Intrepid release ( since Dec 2008 ). Since the day I developed interest in Linux and Opensource project. In Oct 2010 I took up a course for AIX system administration and later Linux administration. I am an Ubuntu user, a Linux enthusiast...and a self-proclaimed Unix administrator, Ubuntu user #33080, Linux user #495002. Playstation admirer and a great fan of Silent Hill, Street Fighter and Metal Gear series. XKCD and Calvin & Hobbes lover.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: it's wondering! mark!

Welcome!
    Ubuntu Registered User: 32964

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Welcome Everyone!

All I know is that I know nothing....

Beans

My name is Tutoka. My IQ is about 95. I took a courage and installed Ubuntu on my HP Pavilion dv6 with an intent ot have a dual boot with my Win 7. Of course I ruined the HP/Windows boot capacity and instead of dual boot I am stuck with Ubuntu. Maybe forever now, who knows... I think that Ubuntu and Linux in general should approach not only the geeks, nerds, saints, the people with high moral attitudes and principles.It should be forthcoming to people who do not have time to play with the settings, it should meet the needs of mentally challenged, the lazy, the Windows-spoiled, the mediocre ones, the pure consumptionists et cetera... The humanity means not to worship geniuses, to despise the ordinary on the other hand and thus create a system good only for an elite. The humanity means to make a system understandable to dummies and mentally handicapped as well as to keep it in a capacity of advanced adjustment in case it gets in to hands of real genius. I like to see Ubuntu growing and gaining a higher level of responsible behavior and maturity...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

My name is Breanna, and I'm a graduate student from the United States. I've just started using Ubuntu (11.04 and now 11.10), and so far I'm really liking it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thanks for the welcome -total newbie here - unsure how to use the forums well and post without stepping on toes. Upgraded my acer dual boot laptop in three stages from vista/10.04 up to 11.10. Running into some issues. Currently just searching the forums to figure everything out.

Beans

Talking new guy

hello!!!i'm new to this forum...

Beans

Re: new guy

hey you can introduce your self here

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1451097

Page 101 of 331 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast