Thread: My bug report has been randomly closed in launchpad.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

My bug report has been randomly closed in launchpad.

On the 7th October last year I reported this bug about Compiz not working on Intel graphics drivers in Jaunty. This was a regression as it had worked perfectly in Gutsy and Hardy.

The bug was triaged, accepted and confirmed at the time.

Then today I received an email from an Ubuntu member advising that the bug was old and therefore no longer important. The email also advised that there was "insufficient information" and that I should see the wiki for reporting x-server faults.

The bug was reported exactly as per the wiki link given (using the auto report tool) and the same Ubuntu member had previously confirmed the bug (so was clearly happy with the level of information then). There was no indication given as to what further information was required.

The bug has been marked as "invalid" and I can see no way to reverse this without saving all the attachments to my PC and re-attaching them all to a new bug.

I understand that there is a need to reduce the number of bugs but simply closing them as "old and therefore no longer valid" does make me wonder whether it was worth the hassle! Let alone to be told that if it's still happening then you must re-report!

Does anyone know how I can re-open the bug? Or do I really need to go through the bother of re-attaching all those files again?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: My bug report has been randomly closed in launchpad.

Did you actually read the response from Bryce? Did you run
    Code:
    ubuntu-bux xorg
    ??

The wiki says that it will auto include the necessary files. Is this not the case?
    --Superb--

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

That is exactly the command I ran which attached all the files to the original bug which Bryce accepted and confirmed in October.

Yesterday he decided that this was "insufficient information".

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Bryce replied in a nice fashion just a few minutes ago, in a fashion that is far more elequent than I can pretend to provide. Please remember that Bug reports should be as verbose as possible.
    --Superb--