Thread: Problems connecting to network, repeatedly asking for security password.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Post Problems connecting to network, repeatedly asking for security password.

Hey,
    I installed Ubuntu on an old desktop last night and am having some problems with my wireless connection. I've searched around a bit and tried a few solutions but nothing seems to be working so hopefully someone can help.
    I'm using a Netgear WG111v3 wireless USB adapter and am attempting to connect to a Sky Broadband modem, the connection shows up in the list of avaliable networks after clicking on the network symbol and after attempting to connect for a while it then asks for the WPA password. I enter the password and then this repeats over and over again continuously asking for the password and me continuously entering it. I know the password is correct as I'm using it on my laptop and other home computer right now. I've tried connecting to a hidden wireless network and inserting the network name and password as some have suggested and I've also tried adding the details from my router into the connection; so that I have manually entered the information rather than automatically finding it, this also hasn't worked.
    I should probably add that earlier today I seemingly randomly got connected and then managed to run some updates but since then it has disconnected and the same problem is repeating over and over.
    Sorry if thats quite a long explanation but I thought I'd try and make it as clear as possible,
    Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by skyeric; April 10th, 2010 at 12:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Problems connecting to network, repeatedly asking for security password.

This has now pretty much been solved here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1450930