Thread: Lots of errors with wine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Lots of errors with wine

Hi All,
    I'm messing around with wine for the first time trying to install Goggle SketchUp. I believe everything installs correctly, how ever I get the following errors when I try to run SketchUp:
    Code:
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\libIGCore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library libIGCore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\SketchUp.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\libIGCore.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library libIGCore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\libIGUtils.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library libIGCore.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\libIGMath.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google SketchUp 7\\libIGMath.dll") not found
    Plus lots more. What am I missing (beside what's listed up there) and how do I get it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Lots of errors with wine

I am no expert here but the list you show only contains 2 missing DLL files. These are MSVCR80.dll and libIGCore.dll. They should be included with the software or you may need to get them from a copy of Windows (try Google). I suggest you put them in the folder /home/Your Name/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and see if that works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks, I'll try that. It sounds like I need to update my copy of wine or something...

Oh and also, there's about three pages of errors like the ones I posted above...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi,

Wine HQ reports Sketchup v 6 using Wine v 1.1.21 has a Gold rating.

Later versions of Sketchup and Wine have a Silver rating.

My regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Have you looked at PlayOnLinux? PlayOnLinux is a frontend to WINE which handles all the version, update, and configuration requirements for a bunch of different programs. It looks like Google Sketchup has a supported install script:

http://www.playonlinux.com/repository/?cat=2

It's pretty slick, I used it to install Photoshop CS4 and IE7 without any trouble or headache - and both worked nearly flawlessly (some minor graphic problems, but all functionality was there).

It worked well for me as I'm pretty new to Ubuntu. Couldn't hurt to give it a shot.
    Ubuntu 10.04
    Phenom II 955BE - Radeon 4870x2 - 8GB DDR3 - 2x Barracuda 1.5TB RAID 1 - Barracuda 750 GB - WB Green 1TB
    www.jellisontech.com