Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: So I downloaded 10.4 today

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    286

    So I downloaded 10.4 today

    I burned it and rebooted.

    I have to say, a nice purple wallpaper indeed. After that I saw a blank gray square. It is a very stable release; it stood motionless until I hit the power button. remarkable release. A repeat download and burning with different programs yielded the same result. I think I'll stay with good 'ol karmic, even after lynx is official :-\

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Campinas, SP - Brasil
    Beans
    355

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNessus View Post
    I burned it and rebooted.

    I have to say, a nice purple wallpaper indeed. After that I saw a blank gray square. It is a very stable release; it stood motionless until I hit the power button. remarkable release. A repeat download and burning with different programs yielded the same result. I think I'll stay with good 'ol karmic, even after lynx is official :-\
    If you have a ATI graphic card, you may have this bug:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/509273

    It has already a patch, but the fix is not yet released. It will
    be until final release though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    286

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Quote Originally Posted by leandromartinez98 View Post
    If you have a ATI graphic card, you may have this bug:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/509273

    It has already a patch, but the fix is not yet released. It will
    be until final release though.
    Nvidia here, 8400. :-\

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Seanchan
    Beans
    227
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    So far the Beta of Lynx has been as stable for me as most release versions.

    Can't comment on cd install because I forgot that I'd just purchased a whole stack of them and went about installing it from USB as I'm used to.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,313

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Always make sure you check for errors. You have to hit escape when the purple screen with white icons at the bottom appears.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Seanchan
    Beans
    227
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Quote Originally Posted by NightwishFan View Post
    Always make sure you check for errors. You have to hit escape when the purple screen with white icons at the bottom appears.
    Or enter (if you're talking about the screen that comes up after you finish installing before it reboots). That's how Karmic was for me also though...and many linux distros.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    286

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    I dunno. all I saw was the new ubuntu logo with loading-buttons beneath it. after that, the purple background with a blank gray window, supposedly a real window that got stuck in the process. Vent hit high, I imagine CPU usage 100%. nothing worked. No error possible since I burned at lowest speed and with both gnome and kde's burn progs, with data verification.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Beans
    306
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Why not help fix your problems by reporting bugs and helping the developers fix them?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    286

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse. View Post
    Why not help fix your problems by reporting bugs and helping the developers fix them?
    I'd do that. Can't quite get a bug report up when the whole system simply doesn't even start though. As for a general description, that's what I gave here. Yes, it is not the right place, I'll do it, later.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Beans
    4,313

    Re: So I downloaded 10.4 today

    Anything is possible. I hope you find a resolution though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •