Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backup to USB: Recommendation Request

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Backup to USB: Recommendation Request

Sorry, but I am short on time (got to get to bed to get a couple hours sleep), but check out the official documentation here and if you can't figure it out, let us know and I will check back in the morning.
    Earl S. Sharp----------------------------------------
    Ubuntu User # 27653 |Linux user # 491157 | LPI # 183649
    Please mark threads as solved...

Beans

Cool, thanks for the link. I will play with it this evening, pretty sure I can get it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by windfix View Post
    Cool, thanks for the link. I will play with it this evening, pretty sure I can get it.
    I will be watching the forums quite a bit this evening, so please let me know if you need to see the way that I have mine set up or any other questions. Good Luck!!!

Beans

I got it to automount withe by adding this line. Thanks for the link to the fstab documentation. It does, however, interrupt my boot sequence if that drive is powered off or not plugged in. Any tips on avoiding that? It's a laptop and the RAID is only available at home.. not work or elsewhere.

UUID=20C4920CC491E476 /media/RAID ntfs defaults 0 0

Beans
    Distro

How does it 'interrupt' your boot sequence? It MAY take a few seconds more upon boot looking for that drive/partition, but shouldn't do much more than just slow it down by a few seconds. Let us know if it is more severe than that. Glad you got it to automount, at least we have passed that hurdle, now on to the next one, but I consider this the fun part of the game. Let me know how severely it affects you, but it may have to be one of those things you have to deal with (it shouldn't be that bad, though, so please let us know).

Beans

Hmmm. Well, seems that was a one-time issue. It gave me a message about 'unable to mount a filesystem' and dropped out to a command line, provided me with a key-combo to re-attempt.

On subsequent reboots, it seems fine, so I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by windfix View Post
    Hmmm. Well, seems that was a one-time issue. It gave me a message about 'unable to mount a filesystem' and dropped out to a command line, provided me with a key-combo to re-attempt.

On subsequent reboots, it seems fine, so I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks for the help!
    Very glad to hear that it seems to be working, but if you have all of your issues resolved within this thread I would just ask that you mark it SOLVED, it is available for you under the thread tools menu at the top of the thread. Other than that, looks great!!! Glad we got you up and running like you wanted. Have fun learning even more

Beans

Done, thanks for the reminder. Appreciate you taking the time to help!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12