Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Layout Organization

Beans

Forum Layout Organization

Over the past few months we have heard many users ask for a clean up of sorts on our main page. We have researched and have implemented phase one of our re-organization plan, while this is a drastic change it provides a clear and precise layout that is easy to follow. During the next few days we will make modifications and tweaks based on your comments and our internal discussions.

We would like your thoughts and comments on how we can further improve and provide a more direct and clear navigation system for our forums.

Please keep your posts constructive as non-constructive discussions will not lead anywhere.
    Last edited by kassetra; March 15th, 2006 at 05:59 AM.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Re: Forum Layout Organization

If you do not like something, tell us why and/or what you would like to see instead; if you like something, please let us also know why.

The more "why" we get rather than "I like it" or "I don't like it," the more that we will be able to understand and adapt.

Thank you for your input!
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Why is the whole forum layout shrunk? Why not keep it similar to the way it was before in terms of having it dynamically adjust to a visitor's screen size? Imo, the former layout was better that way.

Also, could you please tell me what specific things users have asked to have cleaned up?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

With the exception of the shrunk size of the forum, everything looks pretty good.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by mstlyevil
    Is it intentional for the forum layout to only use 2/3 of the screenspace? I have at least 3 inches on each side of the display of empty space when I am using my browser at full screen.
    Please listen to him!

My screenshot:

[img=http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3880/screenshot40wk.th.png]

I've noticed I cannot post thumbnails here anymore using imageshack...
    Last edited by BoyOfDestiny; March 15th, 2006 at 06:28 AM.
    The idea of copyright did not exist in ancient times, when authors frequently copied other authors at length in works of non-fiction. This practice was useful, and is the only way many authors' works have survived even in part. -- Richard Stallman

Beans

Is it intentional for the forum layout to only use 2/3 of the screenspace? I have at least 3 inches on each side of the display of empty space when I am using my browser at full screen.
    This is true for me, as well. For this reason, I preferred it as it was before the changes; I'm not keen on the large amount of unused space that there is when the browser window is maximised.

In case it's helpful to know, my screen resolution is 1280 x 1024.

Beans

We're looking for feedback, and questions make it somewhat difficult for us to go through.

In this thread, would it be possible to simply let us know if you like/dislike something and why?

We'll answer questions a bit later - we were hoping for input at this stage.

Thank you for asking your questions, though.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Hidden!

I was just about to say that I hadn't noticed any layout shrinkage, but then I realised it's because I'm using the Kubuntu theme.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I agree, I like the new layout, except for the large empty whitespace on the sides.
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans
    Hidden!

this takes up a helluva lot of vertical space, too. I don't have very much screen res, and this is horrid :/
    So... a 1337 java programmer walks into a bar...

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast