Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTS MBlaze

Beans
    Hidden!

MTS MBlaze

I purchased a MTS Mblaze mobile broadband but it does not work in ubuntu. I tried a lot but i think ubuntu is not able to recognize the device (which is a ZTE modem).
    The MTS details are as follows:
    Username: internet@internet.mtsindia.in
    phone: #777
    password: mts

I even tried creating a new connection with the above and also tried gnome ppp. But nothing works. I tried wvdial also.

Looking forward for replies..

Beans

Re: MTS MBlaze

1. Double click on the CrossPlatformUI-V1.0.27-SSTL-i386-ubuntu.deb file in the USB drive.

2. Eject the ZTE CD rom[it appears in the drive list screen when the usb device is inserted for the for the first time] by right clicking and clicking on eject.
    3. Restart the computer.
    4.start the crossplatform UI from the internet menu.
    5. Browse after making sure Firefox is in online mode.

It worked on intrepid[8.10] as well as lucid lynx[10.04] for me, so it should probably work on 9.04 as well.
    Last edited by ramakant2k; August 19th, 2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: change

Beans
    Hidden!

hi

thanks a lot for ur help.. i got the device working by using usbmodeswitch. its available in the repositories. i just installed it and the device started working...

regards
    ubun2warrior

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: MTS MBlaze

There seems to be no binaries provided by MTS MBlaze for Ubuntu 64-bit. Is the source code available? What is the purpose of this CrossPlatformUI by the way? I am able to connect to the internet without it.

Beans
    Hidden!

hi

MTS Mblaze is a win modem. It does not support linux... So what happens is that linux assumes it to be a storage device and treats it as a ZeroCD and not as a serial modem through which we connect to the internet.
    usbmodeswitch solves this problem.. and when you go to network connection and try to set up a mobile broadband connection u will find that it shows a ZTE modem, which earlier was not shown...

Regards

ubun2warrior

Beans

Hi,

MTS use ZTS modem as a backend device , it worked for me but not in the way mentioned in the forum , steps which I followed are -

1. After attaching the MTS blaze go to /media/ZTE.. (directory name )
    2. install the package with sudo dpkg -i CrossPlatformUI-V1.0.27-SSTL-i386-ubuntu.deb
    3. step 2 will return some errors please ignore them
    4. go to preferences ---> network connections --------> select mobile broadband , and create a new connection

Use details -

5 . for getting connected go to Applications ------- Internet - ZTMET U! and get connected

its all done

well i got mine connected
    i hav ubuntu 9.04

system>administrator>synaptic package manager
    open it
    setting>repositories
    new window opens
    click to open third party software from top menu

click add
    copy and past this:
    deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu lucid main universe

click close
    say yes to all
    click reload
    after loading from internet completes
    click origis from left menu
    look for
    mirrors.kernel.org/ubuntu
    click it
    find usb-modeswitch in left menu
    add it by clicking to install
    installation complete then ur ready t go

insert ur mblaze modem
    open network connection
    find in ur wireless device
    mobile cdma connection
    edit it
    put
    no: #777
    user name: internet@internet.mtsindia.in
    save it
    n ur ready to go

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ubun2warrior View Post
    I purchased a MTS Mblaze mobile broadband but it does not work in ubuntu. I tried a lot but i think ubuntu is not able to recognize the device (which is a ZTE modem).
    The MTS details are as follows:

I even tried creating a new connection with the above and also tried gnome ppp. But nothing works. I tried wvdial also.

Looking forward for replies..
    Hey UbuntuWarrior...

Did you finally get a resolution?? I'm trying to install MTS Mblaze modem on my laptop too in Ubuntu 10.4... Tried all possible things in various forums...just doesn't seem to work. I even set up the connection etc, it gets connected too, but doesn't work.. i.e no internet.. Looking for a solution if it worked for you.

Srinistuff

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by srinistuff View Post
    Hey UbuntuWarrior...

Did you finally get a resolution?? I'm trying to install MTS Mblaze modem on my laptop too in Ubuntu 10.4... Tried all possible things in various forums...just doesn't seem to work. I even set up the connection etc, it gets connected too, but doesn't work.. i.e no internet.. Looking for a solution if it worked for you.

Srinistuff
    Hi

i just downloaded usbmodeswitch from ubuntu repositories, then i restarted my ***puter, after that i created a new mobile broadband connection with the mts dongle connected to my laptop. then i edited the connection details of mts connection the no is #777, username is mts@mtsindia.in and password is mts.

you can try this !! hope it works..

regards

Beans

I could not install MTS MBlaze software in my UBUNTU 11.04 version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast