Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.10 partitioning failure, ext4, ext3, ext2 file systems can't be created.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: 9.10 partitioning failure, ext4, ext3, ext2 file systems can't be created.

Just a thought, but have you checked for a BIOS update? Wondering if the old boot partition outside the 1024 cylinder limit is the problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I couldn't get my config workin, problem was/is obviously a sata fakeraid controller card from promise which didn't work for some more ppl what google told me. Is it possible that you use a (raid/scsi)controller? Cause you problem is exactly the same that I got with my sata drives on my pci-controller.

Beans

"The attempt to mount a file system with type ext4 in SCSI1 (0,0,0), partition #1 (sda) at / failed. You may resume partitioning from the partitioning menu.". Tred this again and again many times even with manual partition - same error.
    I have exact same problem - wasted 1 week fixing it - whats the problem.
    IBM PC 256MB ram, 350MHz AMD-K6-2 CPU, 20GB hard disk cleaned with WIPE - all zeros wriiten to hard disk - can't make it any cleaner than that.
    Trying instal 10.04 LST.

Maybe the 10.04 LST Ubuntu is stuffed .
    Please help - will go mad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12