Thread: Advanced search - Show Results as "Beans"?

Beans

Question Advanced search - Show Results as "Beans"?

Ok, so I went to the advanced search and was actually looking for a way to search for "all unanswered threads" which I didn't find by the way "minimum word length (2)", even when searching for "Find Threads with (At Most) [0] Replies" but I would like to know how to do it. It doesn't seem to like wildcards either.

At the bottom is "Show Results by" and the 2 options are "Threads" or "Beans". I would like to know what the Beans option actually does to how the results are presented.

I tried it and couldn't really tell that it made any difference. I did a forum search for "show results as beans" and a google search for "ubuntu "show results as beans"". It only comes up with one thread where it's even mentioned (but not explained) this is the thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1218811.
    I searched ubuntu help with no results.

Does anyone know what that option does?
    Or for that matter how to search for all unanswered threads?

Thanks, I know this is kinda off the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Advanced search - Show Results as "Beans"?

Beans are posts. So it's the difference between finding matching posts, and finding threads containing matching posts (as least, that's how I understand it).

As to finding unanswered posts, try searching for threads with "At Most" 0 replies.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    Beans are posts. So it's the difference between finding matching posts, and finding threads containing matching posts (as least, that's how I understand it).
    Ok, so it just means posts instead of threads. I should have known that.
    Quote Originally Posted by snova View Post
    As to finding unanswered posts, try searching for threads with "At Most" 0 replies.
    Guess you missed where I said I tried that.

I got it. Leave the search field empty and only change it to At Most 0 replies.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to see.
    Last edited by 2hot6ft2; March 26th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

There is a link at the top of each sub-forum called Forum Tools, in there, there is an unanswered post link, that's what I use.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    There is a link at the top of each sub-forum called Forum Tools, in there, there is an unanswered post link, that's what I use.
    Thanks cariboo907. I'll keep that one in mind as well.
    Ultimate Edition Links