Thread: Installin on two separate drives

Beans

Installin on two separate drives

I have two drives in my computer. C drive is 80gb and D drive is 120gb. Can I load Ubuntu to run on my D drive and keep XP on my C drive? I have read that you can run the two on a partitioned drive, but I am not sure about two separate hard drives on the same computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Installin on two separate drives

Well if its 2 different drives... not as partitions.... you could be perfectly fine.. just unplug the other Hard Drive(the one that has Windows) ... and run the Ubuntu live CD to install Ubuntu to the other hard drive

Then just reconnect everything after installing ubuntu.. and simply when booting up computer use Boot Options.. to choose what hard drive you want to boot to pick either OS.

Anyways if its 1 Hard Drive only that has 2 partitions (C & D) then in that case.... When running the ubuntu Live Cd.. when installing.... you will have to customize the installation(chose carefully the partitions)... then you would dual boot perfectly fine after installing.. hopefully
    Desktop Build mobo: MSI 790FX-GD70 | cpu: Phenom ii x4 965BE C3 @ 4.02Ghz | gfx: Sapphire + XFX 5770 CrossfireX + EVGA 9800GTX+
    ram: 8gb DDR3-1333Mhz | hd: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) + 500gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.7) + 400gb (Kubuntu 11.04 x64)