Thread: Mic not working and general sound problems. (Asus P7P55D-E MoBo)

Beans

Mic not working and general sound problems. (Asus P7P55D-E MoBo)

Here is the problem:

The microphone on my Asus P7P55D-E motherboard is simply not working. Very confident it is a software issue.

What have I tried:

Well I found this bug report; https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/474359 Which is the only thing I found regarding my issue. I tried this command "sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic". What happened was that my front-jack speaker stopped working and the audio from my mic would come thru my speakers but not record. So I started trying some of the other commands from the bug report page and messed it up really bad. Now all my sound is messed up.

Where I need help:

First I need to know how turn every sound setting to the default kubuntu settings. And why the command "sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic" did not work and how to fix it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Mic not working and general sound problems. (Asus P7P55D-E MoBo)

same problem here ..

sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules-alsa-karmic-generic did help ..
    trying different setting from gstreamer-properties didn't solve it too, works under windows.

Beans

Re: Mic not working and general sound problems. (Asus P7P55D-E MoBo)

Same problem with the mic but my backports are alredy updated without my interfering, so if i dont find the soulution soon im going back to win 7,