Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: No REAL PIMs for Linux?

sugarcrm.com
    getontracks.org
    43folders.com

gmail suite with plugins

With the growing availablity of smartphones, PIM's are 90's technology. I use tracks to print out a list of todo's once a week to review.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi guys - things like Vtiger are a real bind and compicated to install. I have Chaos & Ecco Pro running under wine but neither really integrate with anything else in that format. The others like evolution do not link information from task to appt to contact. Ecco Pro is the real master at that and it is small and compact and fast but development stopped in 1997.

Fine running exchange in a browser, chaos does that too and syncs with a desktop but not tried the online servcic under wine.
    Ideally if someone could implement Ecco Pro and bring it upto date with the integration side I am sure it would sell well.

I have Act! under windows but again that is a big App requiring sqlsrver etc and it has a habit of misbehaving and making its databases unavailable - then it is a days work to find the problem and fix it - only runs under windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thunderbird with either Lightning or Sunbird installed works great for me. I even have it linked to shared content via Google so my wife and I can both update it as need be.

Also Evolution works pretty good as well, though I didn't use it in Jaunty since the version that was released in 9.04 didn't support all day events which I needed. I may try it again after moving to 10.04, but honestly my setup now leaves nothing to be desired.

Take care --

Sam
    System 76 PanP5 - 64bit Xubuntu 16.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

What are you using it for? If you have that many apps running as CRM packages, I would suggest that you need to examine what your requirments are.

Most of the packages outlined here are easily the equal of Act.

From the vtiger web site is a quick how to and the code needed to cut and paste into terminal to get everything up and running.

If it is for a business, then I would suggest looking at a support package for somthing like vtiger. The T.C.O for something like that vs Act!+support is very competitive.
    Want an alternative to 99% of Windows applications?
    http://www.osalt.com/

"Dude, real programmers compile" - Plato 428BC

Beans

OSMO is a nice, simple little pim software. I enjoy using it very much. Good for calendars (including ical), contacts, tasks (including recurring), and notes (including locked notes). If a pim is what you would like, maybe you can try this one. It's simple and efficient...

Beans

I use Lotus Notes for mail and PIM in Ubuntu. Works fine and got more functions than Oulook. Lotes Notes on Ubuntu is fully supported by IBM.

The contact book in Lotus Notes has lots of features and I can sync mail, calendar, contacts, todo etc to my phone using Lotus Traveler (a server side addon to the Lotus Domino mail server).
    Last edited by BeamingFuture; March 30th, 2010 at 07:52 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bnext View Post
    OSMO is a nice, simple little pim software. I enjoy using it very much. Good for calendars (including ical), contacts, tasks (including recurring), and notes (including locked notes). If a pim is what you would like, maybe you can try this one. It's simple and efficient...
    OSMO is nice, but there is a program that is better IMHO: jpilot. (Avaliable in Synaptic) One does NOT need a Pilot/Palm or other electronic Agenda to use it.

I started using the "free" (cough cough) Palm Desktop 4.1.4 with Windows because it can be downloaded freely. One doesn't need a palm device to use it. Of course, now I don't use it, it doesn't like Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Smile Re: No REAL PIMs for Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by qalimas View Post
    I recently moved the technician machines in the company I work for to Linux. I had to convert the entire network from Exchange to Zimbra. But hey, it was worth it.

Get Zimbra.
    Just downloaded and installed it - Wow! that is some fantastic software...! Really, really nice... Get it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12