Thread: Need help with Lexmark p4350 printer driver

Beans

Need help with Lexmark p4350 printer driver

Hello, I am new and would like to be able to stay with Ubunto but I can't seem to get my printer working. I noticed in the threads that Lexmark is not very compatible with Ubunto but I was wondering if anyone could help get a compatible printer driver for my p4350?

I found the drivers on the Lexmark website but only for Windows and Mac. I did an online chat with a Lexmark tech but he just said there was nothing available at this time.

I have seen on other posts that some people were able to find compatible drivers but I don't know how to do it myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Monica

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Need help with Lexmark p4350 printer driver

Lexmark p4350 is not mentioned on the OpenPrinting web page, so I would assume you have a 'paperweight'.

Please note Ubuntu has no 'o' in it !!

stay with Ubunto
    Linux Registered User #443947 Ubuntu Regestered User #12604

Hakunamatata ...... No worries !

Beans

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by monicamaria View Post
    Hello, I am new and would like to be able to stay with Ubunto but I can't seem to get my printer working. I noticed in the threads that Lexmark is not very compatible with Ubunto but I was wondering if anyone could help get a compatible printer driver for my p4350?

I found the drivers on the Lexmark website but only for Windows and Mac. I did an online chat with a Lexmark tech but he just said there was nothing available at this time.

I have seen on other posts that some people were able to find compatible drivers but I don't know how to do it myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Monica
    visit nodevice.com/driver/P4350/get45370.html and you can can download the requiring driver.

Beans

Thank you for your reply. I tried it and got a 404 error. It looks like those are the same drivers from the Lexmark website. If we do stick with Ubunto, I guess we will just have to get a new printer.

Thanks again,
    Monica

Beans

Thank you for the reply. If we do have to get a new printer, I noticed several posts say HP is more compatible than others. I was wondering how to know if the printer would work.

I have been looking at some online and then checking to see if it is listed on the system/administration/printing list on my computer with Ubunto. If it is listed, does it mean it is compatible? Is there a better way to check?

Thanks,
    Monica

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Those drivers are still Win/Mac.
    Closed - necromancy.
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net