Thread: Time/Task/Project Management System

Beans

Smile Time/Task/Project Management System

Does anyone know where I can find an open source Time / Task / Project Management system. Preferably written in Perl.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Time/Task/Project Management System

It's called Planner. The official homepage is http://www.imendio.com/projects/planner/

It's already in the ubuntu main repository, you can install it using apt-get.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install planner

Beans

Unhappy Re: Time/Task/Project Management System

Thanks, but I'm looking for something where we can log what we do all day long ie. read email, work on a project, meeting, training etc. not necessarily all linked to a project. I don't really know what to call it.

Beans

While it isn't in the ubuntu repositories, I heartily recommend checking out Group-Office.

http://www.group-office.com

Been using it for almost a year now, and it's rock solid. Nicely integrated contacts/calendar/file/project/etc management.
    --dare2dreamer

Beans

Talking Re: Time/Task/Project Management System

Thanks, Group-Office looks good. I like the way it's all integrated. Only problem is that we need to be able to calculate how much time was spent on what task/project. So that at the end of the day/week/month we can draw stats of how much time was spent on specific tasks 20% of our time on email, 10% on training, 30% on projects etc. like a timesheet but integrated with our projects/tasks.

Beans

As I recall, there is a helpdesk module with features like you are describing.
    --dare2dreamer

Beans

PHP Collab is another great suite of tools.
    If you show me your Ubuntu I'll show you mine.

Beans

At one point, I ended up installing and demo'ing just about every web-based groupware solution out there for a charity project. I was looking for something to migrate an office full of outlook users to, and group-office seemed to be the only one that had the right combination of features and polished feel to get them to switch.

Also, on the pay-to-play side, they support things like palm syncing and mail merges to openoffice.org.
    --dare2dreamer

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vdwalmm1
    Does anyone know where I can find an open source Time / Task / Project Management system. Preferably written in Perl.
    Take a look at dotProject. It's writen in PHP and uses MySQL to store the data.

I'm sorry; I don't know any PM writen in Perl.

-a