Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meetup Ubuntu Ohio

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Meetup Ubuntu Ohio

I am thinking about using Meetup to start a monthly Ubuntu group in Columbus Ohio. The idea would be to meet once a month and talk about Ubuntu. I was thinking maybe we could have how-to sessions, best programs for and other presentations. This could be a good way to get the word out and help new users learn how to use Ubuntu and other Foss programs.

If this is something you would actually go to, let me know. It cost money to create the group. I have no problem paying the fee, but I would like to know it would be more than just me showing up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Meetup Ubuntu Ohio

I live in Columbus and would be interested in attending (even though I am not a member of any group and have limited knowledge)!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Come to the Columbus Ubuntu hour!

Every two Mondays, 6pm at the Panera on 11th & High (OSU South Campus Gateway). We'd love to see more people there.

http://groups.google.com/group/ohio-...olumbus-reloco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I went ahead and shelled out the cash to get the ball on the roll. I didn't realize there was already something going on in Columbus. Here is a link:

http://www.meetup.com/Ubuntu-Stop/

I am trying to set up something non-geeks will find helpful. I want this to be something we can bring our non-geek friends to. I see no point in preaching to the choir. The first meeting will be a meet-and-greet to get the ball rolling. For a discussion topic I thought we could go over installing Ubuntu Netbook Edition and the benefits of UNE over Windows (faster, more secure, etc) since I don't think anyone will be bringing their desktops

This is going to be a monthly thing, we can try it for 6 months. I am going to have a donation jar as I would like to have a door prize if possible.

The first meeting (April 14th BTW) will likely be at a coffee shop or the like, then I am going to try to schedule a room at the library after that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hello,
    Just found this LoCo. I'm in upper arlington and have been using linux since 99. This is somthing I would be interested in doing

-Chris

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I signed up on your meetup. I'm fairly new to Ubuntu (been using it for about a year now), and would like to get more involved with the local Ohio community. I live in Circleville, but work at the ANG base in Rickenbacker.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
    I signed up on your meetup. I'm fairly new to Ubuntu (been using it for about a year now), and would like to get more involved with the local Ohio community. I live in Circleville, but work at the ANG base in Rickenbacker.
    great! hope to see you at our first meet up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by csabo2 View Post
    Hello,
    Just found this LoCo. I'm in upper arlington and have been using linux since 99. This is somthing I would be interested in doing

-Chris
    Be sure to sign up, we need to get an idea of where people are and how many might attend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ya'll are welcome in the Ubuntu LoCo!

We love newcomers!

-Paul

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx