Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Use default domain with likewise-open 5.4

Beans

[SOLVED] Use default domain with likewise-open 5.4

In Likewise-open 5.4, something has changed, and the line "winbind use default domain = yes" can no longer be added to "/etc/samba/lwiauthd.conf" if you want the Ubuntu login screen to assume the default domain.

I found a thread that seems to offer a solution to this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/likewise.../msg00141.html

I do not understand the explanation given though. Does anyone know how to do this in 5.4?
    Last edited by Charlotte18; May 18th, 2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Solved

Beans

Re: Use default domain with likewise-open 5.4

After some investigation, I found that enabling the line "assume-default-domain = yes" in /etc/likewise/lsassd.conf works.

Beans

Okay, my last post does not in fact contain a solution for 5.4. Here's how I had to resolve this issue.

I completely removed 5.4, downloaded the 5.3 installer from likewise.com, joined the domain with that instead of with 5.4, and then enabled the line "assume-default-domain = yes" in /etc/likewise/lsassd.conf.

I still cannot get 5.4 to work.

Beans

Beans

Also, I should mention that using the version from likewise.com broke my local logins so that it was only possible to login via network accounts. For me, since I had no network accounts with admin rights, this meant that I had to boot to terminal and edit the super user rights file in order to have any control over the system.

None of this has been terribly inconvenient, but I hope likewise works correctly when 10.04 is finally released.
    Last edited by Charlotte18; April 15th, 2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: bad grammar

Beans

Does anyone know whether likewise-open 5.4 will allow the default login to be the domain, in the latest release of Ubuntu 10.04? I cannot update my machines till this issue is fixed.

Beans

I tried it out today, upgrade from 9.10 with likewise-open 5 to 10.04 LTS/likewise-open 5.4 and default domain doesn't work. It also didn't transfer my settings related to the restricted logins.

It continues to treat usernames without the domain specified as unknown.

Beans

Did you try changing the line in lsassd.reg?

Code:
    "AssumeDefaultDomain"=dword:00000000
    to

Code:
    "AssumeDefaultDomain"=dword:00000001
    You changed this, and it still doesn't work in the latest release?

Beans

Indeed, that does not work. I changed the UseDefaultDomain settings, as well as the location to save user home directories (why the heck do they want to put "likewise-open" into the directory name?), and ran the command to update the "registry", with no luck. Neither thing actually changed when I restarted.

Good to see that stuff in the LTS release actually has been tested to work... =P

Beans

At the bug report below, people are saying that the AssumeDefaultDomain setting works in package likewise-open_5.4.0.42111-3~ppa4~lucid_i386.deb. My question is, where can I get likewise-open_5.4.0.42111-3~ppa4~lucid_i386.deb?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...en/+bug/534629

EDIT: Nevermind. I seem to have found the package here:

https://launchpad.net/~likewise-open...+build/1698123

I'm going to try it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast