Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linksys WUSB54GC Enhanced driver installation

Beans

Linksys WUSB54GC Enhanced driver installation

I've searched google and read quite a few threads on the the topic of installing the new enhanced rt73-k2wrlz.3.03 driver and modprobe my rt73usb driver but I'm running into a road block here when I get these messages after I run sudo make install. I have attached a screenshot.

I have already run sudo aptitude. Sudo aptitude safe-upgrade. Sudo aptitude install linux headers.

***Update /etc/modprobe.d/ralink alias for wlan*
    ***Install firmware in /lib/firmware...
    ***Check old config

Is it having problems locating the firmware; How do I update the alias. As you can tell I'm somewhat new and hopefully I can get online to learn. Something to not is I've tried blacklisting the drivers before installation and also after. This time I still havent modprobed rt73 from following this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1178790 nor have I plugged in my Wireless adapter during the installation phase yet.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Linksys WUSB54GC Enhanced driver installation

You can try the GUI application for installing wireless drivers if you have the CD for the WUSB54GC.

In the Ubuntu repositories, there is an application called "Windows Wireless Drivers" in add/remove or ndisgtk in Synaptic. Down load it and run it. Select install new driver. Locate the drivers directory on the CD and select one of the .inf files. If there are more than one .inf file try each one. Install one and see if it works.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; March 14th, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans

Unfortunately I do not have the cd for WUB54GC

Beans

Also WUSB54GC isn't included in the USB network cards that work with ndiswrapper according to http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawik...e=Category:USB

Beans
    Hidden!

<strike>It worked for me. I checked to make sure I'm using the WUSB54GC, and I have the CD in front of me as I type this.</strike>

Edit: I just looked at the CD and there is no .inf files on it. The WUSB54GC just worked out of box on 9.04 and 9.10. I am using the WUSB54GC Version 1.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; March 14th, 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

Beans

the WUSB54GC adapter works already I'm able to get online and browse and I'm able to crack WEP. However, I was trying to install the enhanced drivers from http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_larbig/wlan/ so that I'd be able to crack WPA. Also. Ettercap and Wireshark arent working. Arp poisoning is not working. So I think there must be a trouble with driver for injection.

Beans

Also WICD client doesnt work with the current rt73usb driver

Beans
    Hidden!

OK, I didn't realize that you wanted the enhanced driver for cracking WPA. I didn't know the WUSB54GC supported injection. That is why I have a WUSB300N.

Beans

why isnt the regular driver working with WICD any ideas. this is what I got from the reuglar driver.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

You may want to wait for a while to see if you get a response in the thread you posted to in the "Networking & Wireless" forum. I don't know how much help you will get on the Ubuntu forums when you are using the "Back|Track" OS distro that is meant for penetration testing.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; March 14th, 2010 at 09:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast