Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linksys WUSB54GC Enhanced driver installation

Beans

Re: Linksys WUSB54GC Enhanced driver installation

yeah I've been holding off on trying over there at the backtrack forum. They are so high on themselves and hate noobs lol

Beans
    Hidden!

The people one the Back|Track forum don't want to be associated with script kiddies or crackers. They think of themselves a "Cyber Athletes". There is a difference. For example, the US government is advertising for "Cyber Athletes" who can help protect its networks and infrastructure from intrusion and exploitation.

It took us 3 hours of dancing around the subject before you said what you were trying to accomplish. Just a suggestion...Try telling people what you want to do, and not try to hide it. Hiding your intentions suggests you may be up to something nefarious.

I don't think the Ubuntu forum is the place for this type of discussion. I think it is probably not acceptable according to policy. The Ubuntu forum is not meant for "Cyber Athletes". There are other forums for that type of discussion.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; March 14th, 2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans

Thanks for your help gray wolf. But with all due respect the subject of this thread is not backtrack or ettercap it is the successful installation of the enhanced driver. Observe The title of this Thread is in fact : Linksys WUSB54GC Enhanced driver installation. That confuses me that you did not know that I was talking about the enhanced driver when I mention that during my first post and it is indeed the title of the thread. As far as the success of keeping my network safe from hackers that is not the topic. The question is I'm running into problems installing a driver. What are your thoughts if any.
    Last edited by SimonTemplarmagician; March 14th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplarmagician View Post
    What are your thoughts if any.
    I think you may have proven my point. And, I find the use of "Gray Dog" as a deliberate insult. I have been trying to be helpful; however, it seems to be falling on def ears.

Anyway, good luck with your inquiry.

I give up. Let's see if someone else can help you.
    Last edited by Old_Grey_Wolf; March 14th, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
    Use whatever OS or desktop works for you. Dual boot or use VMs if you want. Backup your computer regularly, and definitely before upgrading, partitioning, or installing an OS.

No support requests by PM please.

Beans

I wasnt trying to insult you dude. I cant see your name when I write I reply and I had it in my mind that was your name. But thanks for your help so far. I dont know how that proves your point when I have pointed out to you that the topic of the thread is enhanced driver installation. So it is confusing if you dont understand that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12