Thread: dragon player: Playback too fast in Kubuntu Oneiric

Beans

dragon player: Playback too fast in Kubuntu Oneiric

Hi guys,

yesterday I did an upgrade from kubuntu 11.04 to 11.10. Since then, dragon player is playing back videos too fast. There is no sound, and the video is far too fast (like fast forward).
    I already deleted the ".kde" folder, but this didn't help. Is there any place where dragon-players save it's options?
    Edit: Dragonplayer is not alone. Flash is to fast, Amarok is too fast. VLC ist the only program with "normal" playback-speed.

Greetings,
    Chris
    Last edited by McFly81; November 14th, 2011 at 08:48 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: dragon player: Playback too fast in Kubuntu Oneiric

The video is clearly going fast because the audio and video is out of sync and both are in a constant battle to try and catch each other up.

You could re-install the affected applications and perhaps even the codecs to see if this problem goes away.

I'm no expert though and even with a web search there did not seem to be any concrete fixes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: dragon player: Playback too fast in Kubuntu Oneiric

I had the same thing happen to me. I switched my sound settings from 5.1 analog to stereo while playing a dvd in totem and got super speed. VLC was normal speed but I couldn't get sound. After I did a complete shutdown (not just a restart but completely turning the pc off and then turning it back on) it was back to normal. JayKay3000 is probably on to something with the audio-video trying to sync. If anyone knows more about this "feature" and how to stop it without a complete reboot, I would certainly be interested.