Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 268

Thread: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Malta
    Beans
    146
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Great stuff, I installed it and it delivers what it promotes itself as! Well done to anyone involved.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Around...
    Beans
    162

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    how do you uninstall swiftfox? I checked under Add/remove and synaptic and its not there....

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
    Beans
    773
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by manutdfan2850 View Post
    how do you uninstall swiftfox? I checked under Add/remove and synaptic and its not there....
    How did you install it? Was it through Automatix?
    All the world's a stage
    And all the men and women merely players

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Beans
    571
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Question, I have an Intel Celeron processor, but I'm not sure which of the packages I should install. It has a couple of Celerons listed with different packages I should install for each one. Could you help me out? It's a 2.2 Ghz Intel Celeron 32 bit processor. Here's a screenie of my processor info screen.

    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45.../processor.jpg
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

  5. #225
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by marcusdean.adams View Post
    Question, I have an Intel Celeron processor, but I'm not sure which of the packages I should install. It has a couple of Celerons listed with different packages I should install for each one. Could you help me out? It's a 2.2 Ghz Intel Celeron 32 bit processor. Here's a screenie of my processor info screen.

    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45.../processor.jpg
    Any modern Celeron such as yours should use the build for "Celeron (Willamette, Northwood, Celeron D)"

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kentucky
    Beans
    571
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Yeah I found out using x86info that mine was a Northwood, and equivalent to a P4, so I used the swiftfox-pentium4 package and it's working fine.
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    69

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Any ideas as to what version to use for an Athlon 64-bit processor that's using a generic 32-bit kernel? Would getting the 64bit version of swiftfox be beneficial if my kernel is only 32?

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    393

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by dotsi View Post
    Swiftfox can now be installed directly from a repository: http://blogs.getswiftfox.com/?p=27

    Will adding that offer automatic updates?
    MS gonna get ya

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Freeport, Illinois
    Beans
    835

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by esaym View Post
    Will adding that offer automatic updates?
    yes, when a newer version of swiftfox enters the repository, then you will be asked to update the one you have via the update manager.
    Workers of the world unite! Do not go unheard!! soviet-empire.com

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    393

    Re: Swiftfox, a faster Firefox

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRingmaster View Post
    yes, when a newer version of swiftfox enters the repository, then you will be asked to update the one you have via the update manager.
    Thats what I thought. Great to hear!
    MS gonna get ya

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •