Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Run Exact Audio Copy (EAC) on Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Run Exact Audio Copy (EAC) on Linux

when running winecfg before, you should switch in the settings to Windows 2000 or WinXP. Then you should choose in the EAC setting the use of the native interface. Restart EAC, then it should work.

When EAC freezes run winecfg and disable some graphic features, no directx, no acceleration, not using metacity as window manager etc.

Beans

I'm having a problem with it. I set up everything fine, but it's doesn't like my read commands. I specified MMC1 in the drive settings, but it tells me i don't have the right one. Can someone help?

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by HeelsFan View Post
    I was able to run EAC in WINE great. I even was able to use a LAME encoder with a specific preset.

My only issue is that when I rip CDs I have EAC automatically delete the WAV files and just keep the MP3s. While running EAC in WINE, it did not delete the WAV files and in addition did not label my MP3 files correctly. The MP3 file names remained the temporary file names for some reason.

Anyone run into this problem and have a solution?

Thanks in advance!
    Same problem for me, using Wine repos (not ubuntu ones) .... no solution from me, though
    2+2=Jesus

Beans

Help, I switched over, since I think that this is better than Windows. I want to use eac with React. I'm using wine 0.9.5 and eac V.99 prebeta 3. I downloaded it and installed it, I tried to change it to native win32 whatever and it always freezes, I tried everything here, at least twice for all of them. It just doesn't work. And also React would work on ubuntu right? O yea and I can't do anything with freedb either that freezes it too, and I don't know what to do

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

For those having difficulties, I'd recommend Rubyripper. Check it out here or here. K3B can also be good, if you need images and cue sheet's, though it's rather big and bloated, and not completely secure.
    Linux user since January 31st, 2006.
    two ways to live :: the choice we all face

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

abcde (A Better CD Encoder) is also an excellent ripper, but it is command-line only. It seems to me to have the most extensive set of features, which can all be configured rather easily by editing the configuration file. It can be found in in the Universe repo. It's not secure either, but supports replaygain, as well as ripping to single-file FLAC's w/ embedded cue sheets, and some other excellent and unique features.
    Linux user since January 31st, 2006.
    two ways to live :: the choice we all face

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by flowbot View Post
    Same problem for me, using Wine repos (not ubuntu ones) .... no solution from me, though
    Quote Originally Posted by HeelsFan View Post
    I was able to run EAC in WINE great. I even was able to use a LAME encoder with a specific preset.

My only issue is that when I rip CDs I have EAC automatically delete the WAV files and just keep the MP3s. While running EAC in WINE, it did not delete the WAV files and in addition did not label my MP3 files correctly. The MP3 file names remained the temporary file names for some reason.

Anyone run into this problem and have a solution?

Thanks in advance!
    Press F11 (Compression Options) and select the "Waveform" tab.

Check the box "Do not write WAV header to file"

Enter the file extension ".mp3" then click on "OK".

You're done. Ripped filenames will now end with ".mp3".

Beans

If EAC doesn't recognize drives

I solved the problem (on my machine, hope it works for you, too)

Problem:
    EAC doesn't recognize my CD drives and I am not able to select the "Native Win32 Interface for NT/2000/XP" in the EAC interfaces option
    (as described at the beginning of this thread)

under the drive tab in Alt+F2 winecfg I had 3 CD-drives listed although I only have 2 installed:
    K: /media/cdrom0
    L: /media/cdrom1
    M: /media/cdrom2 (this is the drive that doesn't exist)

I deleted the third drive (in the wincfg) and now I can apply the all setting in EAC and have just ripped my first CD under Ubuntu.

Attention: Maybe this third drives serves any purpose I am not familiar with.

much luck
    harald

Beans

I've had EAC running flawlessly for about 6 months, but when I started it today I got some unexpected behaviour:

Either (1) program freezes after a while. If not before then when trying to rip. or (2) EAC accualy starts ripping (or what to call it), but doesn't spin up CD and produces 40 sec files of silence.

Anyone who knows if this is related to wine 0.9.61, (K)Ubuntu 8.04 or to something else? I haven't installed any programs through wine or made any changes to my wine configuration except upgrading a few versions since ripping was last working ok two weeks ago.

I've noticed that the device ID reported in EAC has changed, and another application I run through wine (CATraxx music database) can no longer scan CDs.

Beans

I've just been having similar problems with EAC. It would hang on gap detection, or when I tried to rip the disc it would spin up and then just get no further.

I seem to have got around the issue by using the 2.6.22-14 kernel that comes with Hardy. It's ripping at the moment, anyway!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast