Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dependency on libcupsys2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: dependency on libcupsys2

Quote Originally Posted by rudiger_wolf View Post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...32&postcount=7

Worked for me on Ubuntu 11.10 beta 2 32 bit.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    By the way, the script may be downloaded here now : http://demonipuch.free.fr/rebuildeb_canon.sh
    Last edited by demonipuch; October 1st, 2011 at 12:33 PM.

Beans

Exclamation Re: dependency on libcupsys2

Hey I'm quite new to Ubuntu (but loving it) and would like some guidance as to what to do with the script or code, thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi,
    I am one of these users that visit Ubuntu every couple of years hoping that the current installation with work with all my hardware, I usually give up.

I am running Ubuntu 11.10

I have a Canon Pixma iP3600 and I followed the step by step instructions. All went well without any errors.

Then went to install the printer. Very fast it found the driver. Status showed printer “Idle” if I switch it off then the status is “Stopped - Unplugged or turned off” so it sees the printer. But try to print and nothing happens. Try to clean still nothing. The printer queue just flashes the print job too fast for sending to the printer.

I have not tried that script yet need to give it a break for a while. But any ideas of what is happening.

Robert...

Beans

Hi,
    I do not know the answer, but I remember that a long time ago I had a very long struggle, not being able to print. The reason turned out to be that the paper source (tray vs. manual feed) was not correctly set up. Unfortunately I don't remember how I solved it...
    There might be a setting for this in the system printer configuration, or try http://127.0.0.1:631 for cups' native configuration interface (you will need to setup an administrator user - I think it is the 'root' by default, but unfortunately you don't know the root password on ubuntu. You can do the following:
    Code:
    sudo sh  (and give your password)
    passwd   (and give now the new root password)
    These are just guesses...

Beans

No more fooling around with making any files.

This site shows you how to do the ppa route and install what you need no matter x86 or x64.

http://www.ubuntubuzz.com/2011/06/do...er-driver.html
    This may work for you ... hope this helps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

This ppa is a great help. The only problem is that duplex printing won't work. I had to use the ppd file provided by Canon drivers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by alfefried View Post
    This may work for you ... hope this helps
    This work so will. It even gives all the resolutions the printer is capable of.

Thanks for finding this. A big wet kiss from me.

Bryan

PS Perhaps not a big wet kiss but thanks anyway

Beans
    Hidden!

For my Canon iP3500 printer, I was not able to use the Canon driver on Debian 6.0.6, neither the "deb" or the "rpm" driver, although after running "alien" to create "deb" files from the "rpm" files, I was able to install these files without complaint. However, the printer remained silent. I finally removed these drivers and selected the PIXMA MP520-CUPS+Gutenprint v 5.2.6 driver that is provided in Debian 6.0.6 and the printer came to life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12