Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xfce4-screenshooter copy to clipboard from command line

Beans

xfce4-screenshooter copy to clipboard from command line

Hi,

My xfce4-screenshooter GUI has the option Copy to the Clipboard, but I could not find this option in its' command line help.

I'm trying to bind printscreen key with this. I know that in order for the option to work I need to have the application always running (in GUI thre is option Close the application after screenshot , again somenthing that I can not find in command line).

Beans

Re: xfce4-screenshooter copy to clipboard from command line

by command line help you mean "man xfce4-screenshooter" or "xfce4-screenshooter --help"?

Beans

Yes, terminal command line help.

I manged to get an item (of xfce4-screenshooter) on my panel that after some configuration does what I need, but I would like to bind this action to the Printscreen key (thus I need the command for it)

Beans

it's in the help commands.

Code:
    xfce4-screenshooter -whs $HOME/Desktop
    Last edited by kerry_s; May 21st, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Beans

Thank you, but this command does not put the printscreen in the clipboard (so I can paste it somewhere else). This command just saves the printscreen (without a save dialog) in the given directory.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gabello View Post
    Thank you, but this command does not put the printscreen in the clipboard (so I can paste it somewhere else). This command just saves the printscreen (without a save dialog) in the given directory.
    then it don't do that. look around for a different screen-shoot tool. i know gnome's has that option cause i can see it, you can also check out scrot or import which are command line, i don't know if they have that option though.

Beans

I know that there is other software able to do this, I just want to do it with this one. And the soft can do this (see the print screen from GUI with copy to clipboard option).

Also, as I said, I was able to have a launcher in the panel to do exactly what I need, and I just want to associate this action to the printscreen key
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

you try just putting the command that calls that? (right click your launcher> properties for the command)

Beans

It is not that kind of launcher (where you specify the command). I added it by right click on panel->add new items ->Screnshoot (and then configure the options for it)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gabello View Post
    It is not that kind of launcher (where you specify the command). I added it by right click on panel->add new items ->Screnshoot (and then configure the options for it)
    my bag, for got about the plugin. try "xfce4-screenshooter" just use alt+f2 no need to use the term.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast