Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Shuttleworth vs Apple.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Mark Shuttleworth vs Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
    Rawstudio looks interesting, I'll give that a go. Why do you use both out of interest?

I've tried songbird, but it doesn't manage video for me.

RE OOo, it's true, it's nearly impossible to sell Open Office to a business using MS office already, even when their current version is reaching obsolescence but a smaller, newer company may be easier to convince...
    Ufraw is great for 1 photo at a time editing and I like some of its features but rawstudio is for like all your photos at once

Beans

The default theme needs to look a lot better.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oleink View Post
    THERE IS NO FORMATTING PROBLEM. I have to keep explaining this. There are things called styles. The default style is not accepted by ms word or rtf. Formatting issues are only because people do not know how to use styles. That box in the left hand corner that says default and has an arrow, you can change it to text body for your text body and it works fine!
    I just tried to view some powerpoint presentations with OO and they were unreadable no matter what styles I chose. I don't really use any kind of office software very often, but for people who do, expecting them to either not be able to view documents others give them, or fiddle with settings to do so is kind of unreasonable in my opinion.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Simian Man View Post
    I just tried to view some powerpoint presentations with OO and they were unreadable no matter what styles I chose. I don't really use any kind of office software very often, but for people who do, expecting them to either not be able to view documents others give them, or fiddle with settings to do so is kind of unreasonable in my opinion.
    Its not really fiddling with settings and which version of OO do you have? Which version of MS windows documents are you trying to open? And if its reason enough to complain that you have to change 1 thing to get a lot more access to different (tons of different) formats, than thats a pretty lazy outlook. When I start trying to program something and I have a problem and need to fix it I don't decide to move to a different programming language because I have to change something to make it work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by oleink View Post
    Font size is changeable depending on what youre talking about
    Everything is changeable... I'm talking about defaults
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by hanzomon4 View Post
    Everything is changeable... I'm talking about defaults
    What do you mean by defaults. Your post was very vague haha. Do you mean for your Linux settings overall or for something else

Beans

I think he means he wants to be able to open ms office files without having to change any settings at all...
    I'm a PC, and I don't run Windows...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by steev182 View Post
    I think he means he wants to be able to open ms office files without having to change any settings at all...
    You're right. I thought he was the person who posted earlier in this forum saying the only thing he didn't like about linux was font size, in which case was very vague.

Beans

Adobe is the key, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier and you would pretty much take away a huge % of the reason people can't switch fully.

It would be a really good business move for Adobe with the current "Apple vs Adobe" war.

Beans

Ooooh interesting! I never thought of it that way!

Yes, Adobe should definitely look hard into that.
    I'm a PC, and I don't run Windows...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast