Here are teh steps to increase your firefox browsing experience as much as 50 - 60% Follow these steps closely and tell me/ report back how you feel about it. You will love it.
1) In the address bar Type: about:config (accept any warning and continue)
2) search (in the filter) for: pipelining
3) look for network.http.pipelining set it to TRUE (FALSE by DEFAULT) by double clicking it
4) look for network.http.pipelining.maxrequests double click it and set the value to 150
5) if you use proxy then look for network.http.proxy.pipelining and double click it and set it to TRUE.
Now after you do so close out FIREFOX and go back and type again about:config in the address bar and in teh configurations ADD the following strings (right click anywhere on any value > then go to NEW > then go to STRING) and set the values for both of these new strings to 0.
Remember to set the value to 0 for both of them. a popup will appear and will ask you for a value .. put a 0 "ZERO"
Close out firefox and Reopen IT and tell me how fast it went for you. it performs 60% faster for me. even faster than GOOGLE CHROME (by alot)