Thread: Suggestion about getting more members

Beans

Suggestion about getting more members

Introduction:
    Our goals for this year 2010 was:
    • Ubuntu install fest traget 1000 visitors.
    • Become an Approved LoCo team.
    • Being mentioned in the media as Ubuntu and as a LOCO team.
    • Be able to switch 100 persons at least by the end of this year to Ubuntu.
    • Start Linux trainings on a professional level.

Lets say we accomplished most of them but the plan is more then that, Libya loco team members and bloggers have been doing their best spreading "freedom" and how to use it to local and international regular users and professionals, explaining how can Ubuntu take your career and personal life into another dimension on it's ease of use and availability along side other features.
    We do thank all the bloggers out there and sure no need to thank existing members of the LoCo team as they did more then I expected.

I am hopping those bloggers, Ubuntu Users, people welling to be Ubuntu users to come out of the shadow and join the Libya Team as long as they at least know how to install and use Ubuntu or planning to learn on how to install and use Ubuntu to improve their career, improve their researches, their study, their PC productivity or simply for the joy of it.

The plan is
    - blogging and posting about the Libyan Loco Team and Ubuntu in general, the benefits of Ubuntu and of joining the team, the knowledge that a person can gain in a collaborative environment.
    - Pointing out Ubuntu.ly which is so far one of the best Arabic Ubuntu resources online.
    - Show people how simple it is to be a part of the community and join a LoCo team.
    - Using personal skills to spread the word like SEO, Mailing Lists, forums "No-spam or blackhat SEO should be involved" the web is your play ground where you can reach audience so use it.

and finally I am hoping to see some more suggestions coming to this thread as the above is my personal point of view and what I started doing already as a member of Libya LoCo team.

Beans

Re: Suggestion about getting more members

your suggestion is very good. I hope it will be very effective & useful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: Suggestion about getting more members

Hi;
    Good suggestion i hope to rich this goals soon.
    good luck .=D>

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Suggestion about getting more members

interesting idea,

wish you luck and best wishes

Allah bless you