Thread: Split Screen Ubuntu

Beans

Split Screen Ubuntu

Hello I want to start a project called "The Linux Split Screen Project ".

The goal of the project would be to edit the source code of free Linux games and make them function in a two player split screen modes.

My hope for the project is to start small and convert a few games to split screen like Nexuizs, or Cube fps etc...

After the conversion it'd be nice to put the split screen games into their own distribution that contained tv out, much like the Mythbuntu.

I feel that this idea is different from other game Linux front ends because it would allow two people to play on the screen at one time; like the xbox or PS2.

Do you know anyone who would be interested in working as a team to edit the open source code of existing Linux GPL games?

Two Linux Games that are already split screen are Torc racing simulator and Battle tanks. I am interested in how they managed to code split screen two player into their games but can't find the creators email addresses.

Beans

Re: Split Screen Ubuntu

Sounds Interesting.......... Count me in...............Can you provide link to source code?
    Last edited by yahhodeol; March 8th, 2010 at 04:45 AM.