Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

A good list. Maybe you could mention the CODE tag when posting command line in/output.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Suggestions on how to get your support questions answered as quickly as possible

thanks for the suggestions.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

There is a new pdf manual available for Ubuntu 10.04 users http://ubuntu-manual.org/

My/our congratulations to the production team and thanks to the Forum member who pointed me to this and another who advised that this manual is included within 10.04.

PS In actual use (but not in the picture) the dividing vertical line between the index and the main text can be moved right to see the full index headings.

PPS I have been using Xubuntu since April 2009 and it suits my needs perfectly. I would would like to record my/our thanks to all contributors, be they wizards, back office workers or forum helpers and to encourage all, and especially newcomers, to seek whatever level of perfection they aspire to.

This is a screenshot of my main Wine menu with a favourite Windows program and my Xubuntu panels.
    Last edited by Sir Jasper; April 29th, 2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: PPS added

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hello!

Maybe you might want to add something like "State your problem first" here. The mouse-over shows the beginning of the thread, and I believe many people read that before they decide whether to engage in a thread or not. As I myself often have problems with "don't ramble", explaining the mouse-over thing to people might be helpful.

Thank you,

Blutkoete
    If SUDO is all-powerful, can SUDO start a process that SUDO can't kill?

Beans
    Hidden!

You can find a light-hearted look at some of the things not to do here: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/comp.answer.../miss-mailers/

Although aimed more at email-based forums, many of the ideas are still relevant.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I see often that topics get mixed up in threads which makes it difficult to follow up one specific topic. My suggestion would be NOT TO MIX topics in threads.
    Blue Light Open Source Research and Service Centre India
    http://www.auroville.org/research/bluelight.htm

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

tnx very useful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Thank you very useful information.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by undecim View Post
    [*]Use proper grammar and punctuation. Most members of the forum won't get stuck up on grammar, spelling or punctuation, but grammar is still important when communicating your problem. This makes it easier for those on the receiving end of your message to understand what you meant, especially for those who are not native English speakers. At minimum you should mark the end of your sentences.
    What annoys me
    I have a problem with ubntbu
    Far Out!
    SEX, Now that I have your attention please read my post
    Linux For Life
    Just for future purposes "You're Welcome"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

The first one is the most important to me

its not all that great being the noob

for example, noobs like me have no idea how you get that little piece underneath your posts.........how do you get that?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast