Thread: Committing Banshee tags and album art to file

Beans

Committing Banshee tags and album art to file

I use Banshee to organise my music library but am trying to upload to collection to Google Music now. The problem is with some (not all) files metadata/tags don't seem to transfer across very well. In particular I've noticed problems with the album art, Track # of # and CD # of CD # fields. The files appear perfectly tagged and organised in Banshee. The 'Copy files to media folders when importing' and sync metadata between Library and folders options are both ticked.

This leads me to conclude that Banshee doesn't write these particular fields to the file properly (I am aware it isn't supposed to in the case of album art but the other two? Are they none standard maybe?)

Is there any way short of painfully re-tagging tracks in Google Music that I could ensure these Banshee tags (and ideally album art) are embedded in the file?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Committing Banshee tags and album art to file

Does Banshee actually affect the metadata tags of the files? I was under the impression that it just saved that stuff in a database. I think you'll have to use a tagging program - I recommend easytag.

Beans

Re: Committing Banshee tags and album art to file

For the most part yes it does brilliantly. It's just those slightly less common ones I've noticed which is why I was wondering whether they're perhaps not implemented as standard as the others. Is there a way to make easyTag use the album art from Banshee or would I have to go through each album and manually download an image? (there's a lot of albums...). Thanks