hi,

I read your posts for sharing files Using Samba.
I am an average user and have a netbook which runs ubuntu Karmic and a Desktop which runs Windows 7.

I have two problems
: On Ubuntu, in network places the Desktop computer appears and disappears during various sessions. I mean, it never remains there and sometimes i have hard time in finding my Desktop computer in Workgroup and sometimes its very easy to access.

: Whenever, if i am able to access my desktop computer through wifi network, My file transfers are really slow, mostly they hang up in middle and gives only around less than 1mbps of speed... i searched for this thing but did not find any good solution. many ppl say that it is problem of my NIC card driver and many had changed it for improving performance. However i hav jus bought a new laptop and i dont think i would like this option of changing NIC card jus to meed drivers..

Thirdly, My function keys don't work. So i am just unable to adjust my brightness and it keeps on varying according to my charging option. if its on battery my screen is very dim.

I just thought if you could help me. Thank you in advance for taking out time.

Regards,
Mitul