Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gnome Shell themes thread... ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: The Gnome Shell themes thread... ...

just letting you guys know i am working on a Human theme at the moment for those who want the Shell to match the old Ubuntu theme. Sorry im a bit late on the parade here... I just found this thread yesterday and im really interested because ive finally found something in ubuntu that i can help with (im a website designer so i know the code for Shell )

i'll post it in the next day or so.

[3/22]: files uploaded, let me know what you think and if i need to make any changes that i may have missed.

[3/24]: Files updated...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mudrain911; March 24th, 2010 at 11:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It looks really good but I'd personally have the gradient-end value for panel buttons match the overview background. It's supposed to look like a tab on a folder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

thats how i had it at first with the same thought process, but then i realized it is the only tab, so i decided to treat it as a button... i would have definitely done it that way if there was more than one tab though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

~n/M FIXED!!~
    Last edited by augias; March 24th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I just fixed a few things i missed, here is the corrected version of my theme.... anyone have a theme request or a mod idea (that can be done with css of course)

Beans

Talking Re: The Gnome Shell themes thread... ...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, especially techno-mole, for this thread, and all of the commentary and work done on custom G-S themes. Thanks to you all, I have what is (for me) the perfect theme set up in G-S, (at least until they get around to making the recent documents obey some of the same CSS as the rest.

You all are awesome.

Viva la transparency!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've added a transparency gradient to the overview's background and changes the hue of the app-well-active/hover buttons and decided to make a new post for it. Old post now refers to this one.

To recap, this is a light grey theme that imo matches nicely with such themes as dust, egtk (elementary), clearlooks, mist and other themes with a grey / celeste pallet.

Themes up-todate with the git branch tip as of March 29th.
    Last edited by augias; March 29th, 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

both of those look really good, im thinking about incorperating a background into my overview too, but im not sure if that fits the old human theme too well i think ill make a new theme here in a few days and try and come up with some good stuff like that!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hmm, some tweaking and obsessive restarting of gnome-shell has proven to me that making that overview layer transparent makes your overview experience lag. Heads up to whoever wants to play with rgba on the overview class: don't. It's snappier as a simple hex code.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

ive been having trouble with the calendar and notifications lately... they are causing my whole screen to go black or flicker, then everything goes back to normal like it never happened hah... i dont know, hopefully they will fix.

ive been messing around with alot of the javascript lately... (not anything to cause the above problem lol) and there is some interesting things in there to play with... so far the only useful things ive done is put what icons i wanted into the user menu on the right.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast