Thread: Order placed!

Beans

Talking Order placed!

No request for assistance, just sharing the joy. Just proclaiming my excitement as I have placed an order for the following:

1 x Pangolin Performance (PAN-P7)
    Bluetooth Bluetooth
    Car AC Adapter no car AC adapter
    Display Resolution 15.6" HD+ LED Display with Super Glossy Surface (1600 x 900)
    Extra AC Adapter Additional Adapter
    Extra Battery Extra 6 Cell Smart Li-ION Battery
    Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 Graphics with 512MB GDDR2 Memory
    Hard Drive 250 GB 7200 RPM SATA II
    Hardware Warranty 2 Yr. Ltd. Warranty and 2 Yr. Technical Support
    Laptop Bag no bag
    Memory 4 GB – DDR3 1066 MHZ 2 DIMMs
    Operating System Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) 64 Bit Linux
    Optical Drive CD-RW / DVD-RW
    Processor Core i5-540M Processor ( 32nm, 3MB L3 Cache, 2.53GHz )
    Wireless Intel Wi-Fi Link 5100 - 802.11A/B/G/N Up to 300 Mbps

I was torn between the I5-540M and the I7-620M but feel that my choice will result in a PC that should be plenty "fast enough", especially for an old fart like me.

I'm real excited. My desktop is probably more powerful (AMD 905e quad w/4GB, Ubuntu 9.10 64bit, home rolled machine) but since I can't access it (broken back) and this MSI netbook U100 (2gb, Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix 32bit) ain't quite cutting it, I will soon be the proud owner of a very powerful laptop computer. Aside from my netbook, this is the first time I've selected an Intel processor (I generally prefer AMD) since the original K6 was introduced, replacing my Intel Pentium 133! I'm quite pleased to join you fine folks who already own your System76 machines.

I'm guessing that the arrival date may be on or about March 10 (definitely a guess!). I look forward to sharing my experiences with you as I get started with this fine new machine.

A final note of thanks to Mr. Tom Aaron for his rapid replies to all of my inquiries, and of course, for his patience. Thank you Sir.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Order placed!

Any time.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC