Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

test
    Last edited by unkabuzz; October 22nd, 2011 at 03:10 AM. Reason: made a mistake

Beans

Hi
    I have 23" HP 2310ti touch monitor. It's using usb Quanta optical touch panel and xinput device 11

I installed ubuntu 11.10 to my atom deskpc and using 1920x1080 resulotion. I want to use my minitor 90' rotated verticaly but I can't rotate touchpanel.
    I try your changeaxis.sh file and control the device. Rotate the screen but not the rotate touchpanel

How can I do ?

Thank you for your kind.

Quote Originally Posted by prshah View Post
    Ubuntu CAN rotate into portrait mode. It's mentioned in this thread as well as in the Ubuntu Wiki for Lenovo s10-3t.

I have modified the script on the wiki slightly. I'm attaching it to this if you would like to try it.

Usage:
    Code:
    ./changeaxis.sh # rotate 90 deg clockwise
    #or
    ./changeaxis.sh 0 #=normal or 1=portrait, 2=rev landscape, 3= rev portrait
    Works great with EasyStroke for when in tablet mode!

However, please feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood your question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by riscsys View Post
    Hi
    I have 23" HP 2310ti touch monitor. It's using usb Quanta optical touch panel and xinput device 11

I installed ubuntu 11.10 to my atom deskpc and using 1920x1080 resulotion. I want to use my minitor 90' rotated verticaly but I can't rotate touchpanel.
    I try your changeaxis.sh file and control the device. Rotate the screen but not the rotate touchpanel

How can I do ?

Thank you for your kind.
    Try this change axis script on this page which works for never versions of xinput which take a rotation matrix.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...415915&page=40

Beans

Hi,

I have upgraded to Oneiric after using Natty for a good while.

I am having an odd problem that often pressing any key on the keyboard (or sometimes a cursor key) will cause the touchpad to stop working. The touchscreen still works to operate the mouse cursor but I get no response to the touchpad. This happens on most boots, but it appears that if the system is running for 10-15 mins before a key is pressed, it will work fine.

There is nothing obvious showing in dmesg or syslog.

Is anyone else seeing similar behaviour?

TIA

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Hi everyone,

Seems like a lot has been discussed over here since the previous distro releases. I just did a fresh install of ubuntu 11.10 and now i hv the following working fine:
    1. wireless is working great!
    2. mute button works alright (read earlier tht folks had trouble with it)
    3. Fn key and the brightness and volume functions work just fine
    4. sound is working great
    5. Two finger scrolling on the trackpad is fantastic!

What i want to enable:
    1. Touch the reason why we all got this computer. Currently even the mousepointer functionality isnt working via touch.

I understand the steps to enable the touch are covered already on this thread and i am rather confused between easystroke, ginn, touchegg, utouch, etc.

I would be grateful if somebody could tell me some basic steps to get started to enable touch.

Cheers to the helpful ubuntu community

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by pranav View Post
    What i want to enable:
    1. Touch the reason why we all got this computer. Currently even the mousepointer functionality isnt working via touch.

rather confused between easystroke, ginn, touchegg, utouch, etc.
    easystroke etc, are all the second step. You should have working touch in order to use these.

If you find touch is not available at all, probably the relevant modules are not loaded.

As a quick check, use lsmod to see if the hid_cando module is loaded. Open a terminal (Applications-Accessories-Terminal) and give the command
    Code:
    lsmod |grep cando
    If no code is returned, the module is probably not loaded. To load the module, try
    Code:
    sudo modprobe hid-cando
    It may not work, but will definitely not harm. If it works, you will be able to use touch (as mouse click) immediately, without need for logout and/or restart.

If it still does not work, please post back the output of the command
    Code:
    dmesg|grep -i cando
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by nnutter View Post
    For those who still have issues resuming from sleep you should mark resume fails for Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t as affecting you and try the fix of adding 'nohpet' to Grub.
    nohpet not helped

any other workarounds?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

very annoying issue - can not close my netbook without crash...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rrounsav View Post
    There is an experimental driver that will map the touch and rotate buttons to keyboard presses. I have already package the drivers for rpm, but have not learn to create deb packages yet. The driver can be installed from source available here http://gitorious.org/iaps/iaps. The original source has to be modified in order to change the default key mapping.
    I got the touch and rotate buttons working with the iapps and lsrot from the link above.

Code:
    sudo apt-get install git-core build-essential kubuntu-restricted-extras subversion libncurses5-dev
    Not sure it's all needed but anyway...
    Code:
    mkdir src

cd src

git clone git://gitorious.org/iaps/iaps.git

git clone git://gitorious.org/iaps/lsrot.git

cd iaps

make

sudo make install

sudo modprobe iaps

cd ../lsrot

I changed the key mapping by changing two #define lines in lsrot.c to read as follow
    Code:
    #define SKEY_TOUCH_MAPPING      KEY_F13

#define SKEY_ROTATE_MAPPING KEY_CYCLEWINDOWS
    The original defines mapped the touch button to the left windows button and the screen rotate button to switch video mode. the first makes it impossible to assign as a shortcut as it's a modifier button and the second is already assigned in kde and already available as Fn+F3 so i figured I'd change it to the more appropriate and currently unused CYCLEWINDOWS. These buttons and the "onetouch" (currently mapped to F8) send button press and release at once, making it impossible to use as a modifier (eg. hold touch+F1)...

Code:
    make

sudo make install
    lsrot module gets loaded automatically on reboot, iaps does not...
    I am now able to assign those to buttons as shortcuts in kde. The accelerometer is loaded as a joystick device, and I was able to get it to calibrate and show values with the kde settings and jstest once, but it has not worked since. I remember it stopping to work in windows too, I'm wondering if the hardware itself has some quirks...

Beans

Well, not sure how many are still using S10-3t, but I'm loving how it's shaping up....

A few more steps forward:

Using the above link as a start, I modified the lsrot driver some more to send button events when screen closes to tablet mode and reopens to netbook mode.

Using that My lenovo now acts as following:
    When closed to tablet mode the screen rotates 180.

The rotate button rotates it further each time pressed.

reopening the laptop brings the screen back to normal

I use KDE, another scrips I wrote and integrated with the rotate script keeps my kde panel on the short side of the screen (left when landscape, bottom when portrait).

the other button by the screen toggles right click (with a settable timeout delay or as toggle on and off) been trying to tie the num lock led to that but it's getting to not be worth the effort, so I'm leaving that alone for now.

If anyone would like more details/files lmk

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast