Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Thank you Gendo! This was a big step in the right direction. With this information, I was able to get my touch screen working to a satisfactory degree. I had to do a couple things differently in order to get it working right though.

First, when I tried to compile the patched source, it told me that I was missing xorg-server and xproto. I remedied this with:

$ sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev

Second, when I modified the xorg.conf file and rebooted, gdm refused to start. I looked through the xorg.conf file again, and found that the line Identifier "Touchscreen" should not appear in Section "ServerLayout" so comment or delete this line.

I downloaded and compiled the hidDeviceDump program and in the terminal typed:

$ sudo hidDeviceDump /dev/usb/cando_touch

This seemed to be a very helpful program in determining the x and y coordinates for the touch screen. The coordinates according to hidDeviceDump are as follows:

0,0 4000,0

0,4000 4000,4000

Of course these numbers are aproximate. So I made these modifications to the xorg.conf file, and now my touch screen is working like a charm.

Option "CornerTopLeftX" "80"
    Option "CornerTopLeftY" "80"
    Option "CornerTopRightX" "4020" # 1920 for 23"
    Option "CornerTopRightY" "80"
    Option "CornerBottomLeftX" "80"
    Option "CornerBottomLeftY" "4020" # 1080 for 23"
    Option "CornerBottomRightX" "4020" # 1920 for 23"
    Option "CornerBottomRightY" "4020" # 1080 for 23"

Minor tweaks to these values may need to be made, but it's working great for me!

Update: I've been playing with it for a while, and there are still problems with netbook launcher. It seems most applications work fine with the touch screen. The problem is when trying to tap icons in netbook launcher, it grabs them as if I'm trying to move them.

This doesn't happen with the touch pad or with the usb mouse. Also, the problem doesn't seem to affect the "Favorites" and "Files & Folders" menus.

Update again: It seems to be related to this bug report, so we'll need to keep an eye on their progress. https://bugs.launchpad.net/netbook-r...er/+bug/486381. At least that means it is an issue with netbook launcher rather than the touch screen or driver.
    Last edited by thevillage88; March 6th, 2010 at 04:04 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Shuvalov View Post
    I can't download 616 MB of QS source code, manthony121, maybe you can send me index of archive? ... When I'll see this list I will ask you to send me some files that will help me to compile the driver.
    Did you get the tree listing from thevilliage88? I see that a few days have gone by since you asked. If you still need it, i'll be happy to send.

Beans

I'm not sure this is going to work, but I have created an installation file for the touch screen driver. If anyone can test this out and confirm that it is working, that would be great.

- Download hids103t.run from http://www.zshare.net/download/734455741d866531/.

- Right click on the file and click properties.

- Click the permissions tab, and make sure that "Allow executing file as program" is checked.

- Double click the file and click "run in terminal."

- Enter your password when prompted.

- Wait 0.05 seconds for installation to complete.
    Last edited by thevillage88; March 8th, 2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Added source code and licensing information

Beans

I just ordered an S10-3t. I intend to install U9.10 when it arrives. I'll post the results here. Thanks (in advance) for the help!

Beans

Talking Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Hey,

I got my S10-3t working just fine with the Broadcom binary Wi-Fi driver, for the touch screen display using the fixes posted here with Ubuntu 10.04 Alpha 3 Netbook

For 10.04, xf86 introduced Atom everywhere so I had to put in like 10 fixes. I used three buttons and two axes and set them all to 0,1,2... (they apparently are type int) I just couldn't believe it when it worked!

For 9.10, The patch does not work anymore with hidtouch, so it takes some C knowledge to patch. The uploaded binary here works for everything else but the driver

I also have the drag-drop vs. tap confusing bug in the launcher, so a mouse is still to recommend. The onboard application, an on-screen keyboard, kind of works

screen rotate does not seem to work

Beans

Install Netbook 10.04 Alpha 3
    run the funny hids103t.run attachment posted here as root
    sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev
    Expand this archive to like Desktop
    cd into the folder
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    sudo make install

Like god, you got heaven's touch
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AllBuntu View Post
    I got my S10-3t working just fine with the Broadcom binary Wi-Fi driver...
    That's awesome. What did you do to get the wifi working. I have been using ndiswrapper, but it tends to disconnect when I try to make too many connections at once(eg apt-get). I thought my router was blocking me for being to heavy a user, but now I don't think that's the case.

I also have a Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT firmware installed, and I'm using it as a wireless repeater to connect to my router hosting the internet connection. I plug the hard line into that, and I'm able to use apt-get with no problems. So it's not a problem with the router, but with ndiswrapper.

I have compiled the driver and copied wl.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.31-20-generic/kernel/drivers/net/wireless. I also deleted b43 and b43legacy drivers. Then I type:

$ sudo modprobe lib80211

and this is what I get:

WARNING: All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper, it will be ignored in a future release.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AllBuntu View Post
    I also have the drag-drop vs. tap confusing bug in the launcher...
    I used this fix on 9.10 and now netbook launcher is working great with the touch screen.

Source: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...02/comments/11

cd # ChDir HOME
    mkdir netbook-launcher # make directory for our code manipulations
    cd netbook-launcher # chdir
    apt-get source netbook-launcher # grab netbook-launcher sources from repo
    cd netbook-launcher-2.1.12 # chdir to source dir
    wget http://launchpadlibrarian.net/33315482/434502.patch # download my "patch"
    patch -p1 < 434502.patch # apply patch to the source tree (1 file should be patched)

done. compile and install as usual:
    sudo apt-get build-dep netbook-launcher ; ./configure --prefix=/usr ; make ; sudo make install ; killall netbook-launcher

now you should have this workaround applied, hope it'll be useful for you.

Beans

I posted about the Wi-Fi here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1424280

maybe you need Alpa 3 to get it working

Beans

I posted about the Wi-Fi here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1424280

maybe you need Alpa 3 to get it working

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast