Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

Beans

Re: Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t

FWIW, I tried a fresh install of beta2 and failed (ubi-language fails, and attempting to ignore failed early in the installation process).

Beans

Same thing. attempted on beta 2 and no joy

Beans

Are there any problems running Ubuntu inside VirtualBox running on the default Windows installation?

Beans

It's not impossible to run Ubuntu in VirtualBox, but you'd want to upgrade the memory to 2GB, and I would have reservations about running a VM on an Atom processor.

Beans

i've installed lucid beta2 netbook remix without any problems.
    wifi and touchpanel doesn't work "out of box" (but, of course, before installation i knew it). now i'm trying to make them work.

wifi worked immediately, just after i installed bcmwl-kernel-source.
    i've read in this topic somewhere that webcam doesn't work out of box. well, for 10.04 beta2 that is not true. i have working webcam, and i even managed to take some photos.

touchscreen worked in "onetouch" (multitouch.. onetouch) mode.
    there was only one problem. when installed hidtouch module it was in /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input, so i edited my /etc/X11/xorg.conf's modulepath and added /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules.
    problem also can be solved by adding --prefix=/usr in install.sh in corresponding line. but i think editing xorg.conf is correct.

ps some questions. i must recompile hidtouch each time i update xorg?
    there is netbook-launcher installed in my package list. when i'm going to update my system, and there would be new version of netbook-launcher what would be?
    Last edited by zythar; April 16th, 2010 at 04:41 PM.

Beans

delete
    Last edited by zythar; April 16th, 2010 at 04:36 PM.

Beans

i'm suggesting to use this package.

in install.sh i added some debug info. i mean, while script is running, beside of work he is doing he writes what he is doing, that may be useful. and also i've added in that script check for /etc/X11/xorg.conf. if the file exists then script copies it as /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak and only then installs it's own xorg.conf.

because hidtouch is compiling without --prefix, which means that it's prefix is /usr/local and lib for xorg will lie in /usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/input, i've updated xorg.conf too.

i've wanted to add some check for packages xorg-xserver-dev and build-essentials also. i mean, if there already are in system then don't run apt-get but i couldn't do it.
    here is new package. download
    Last edited by zythar; April 16th, 2010 at 04:57 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zythar View Post
    i've read in this topic somewhere that webcam doesn't work out of box. well, for 10.04 beta2 that is not true. i have working webcam, and i even managed to take some photos.
    I'm still running beta1 (but updates continue to come so maybe it is effectively beta2) and just installed skype, the webcam worked, no problem, but microphone didn't.

Beans

heh.. now i have much problems with beta2.. for first, this morning, when i tried to log in with "Ubuntu network edition" (or smth like that) session, and i failed to log in. i tried GNOME, Ubuntu Network Edition 2d and the attempt of login was succesfull. then i tried UNE again. at 4th attempt i logged in. now, the wifi, which was working excellent yesterday, now is not working. it couldn't connect to network with 64-bit encryption.

wow, now that was really funny!!!! ((*
    somehow, i've got my wifi card off (you know, there is a slider in right corner of computer, where you can on/off your card)...
    but then why, if i just disable my wifi card there are going some crash processess in system?

Beans

Hi everyone,

just a quick update on the touchpad: Stephane Chatty has posted a patch for Linux 2.6.34 to the linux-input list, patch available here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg08065.html

I've given it a try, and it seems to work fine with the evdev driver in xorg. Maybe you'll need something like the following in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/preferences.fdi:

Code:
    <device>
       <match key="info.product" contains="Cando">
           <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">evdev</merge>
       </match>
    </device>
    Floe

Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast