Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to add more tmpfs

Beans

Re: Looking to add more tmpfs

Quote Originally Posted by regnarts View Post
    Virtual file systems? I'm beginning to think that I'm on a wild goose chase. Though I'm not certain that I haven't missed something, I haven't found any method for configuring run or lock that would result in having the directories on virtual file systems (as in procfs or sysfs virtual file systems) other than mounting them on tmpfs. Also, though I don't have an Ubuntu installation to confirm it, online sources seem to suggest that one or more releases of Ubuntu mount these directories as tmpfs in an initscript. Did you intend to say that /var/run and /var/lock are already mounted on tmpfs by one the Ubuntu initscripts (/etc/init.d/mountkernfs.sh) in your installation? If not, please explain.
    Sorry yes, /var/run and /var/lock are temp file systems by default. adding them to my list didn't change anything.

On another note, I tried making a live disk on my SSD and the Startup Disk Creator wouldn't let it go thru.

Beans

Exclamation Re: Looking to add more tmpfs

As stated in many documentations putting /var/tmp into disposable ram space is NOT suggested, on the contrary, forbidden.

/var/tmp: Temporary files that are large or that need to exist for a longer time than what is allowed for /tmp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12