Thread: Bleachbit

Beans

Bleachbit

Has anyone used this? Sounds like CCleaner for Windows.This is from the description on their website, http://bleachbit.sourceforge.net/:

BleachBit quickly frees disk space, removes hidden junk, and easily guards your privacy. Erase cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, remove unused localizations, shred logs, and delete temporary files. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 70 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Adobe Reader, APT, and more.

Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Bleachbit

yeah, used it once,,,,but after my next install didn't anymore...i find bleachbit quite useful and standing to its purpose...
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare

Linux User #484611 | Ubuntu User #26153 | Blog

Beans

I like it, and use it for different reasons, and just got thru coming back to linux--after my RC copy of win7 expired--and I like bleachbit...some don't approve, but it's just a hand way of getting rid of junk I don't need...it also is very useful if you are running a netbook with a small solid state drive, like I was, w/my dell mini9...I had only 4gb of space, so bleachbit helped me keep it for what it was designed for : a *netbook*.

Anyway, I'm just now getting ready to install on mine...

Beans

I've used it and it did a good job but it's not something I would run on a regular basis. Once to get rid of some things that other methods miss (unused language files), after that I'll just use the other things like QuickStart.
    http://www.quickstart.freeforums.org

Don't panic if BleachBit causes Disk Usage Analyzer to open saying you're out of disk space.
    [SOLVED] Low Disk Space Warning, A bug? Or a limitation?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2hot6ft2; March 8th, 2010 at 01:53 AM.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Bleachbit

I use BleachBit with no difficulties.